Chapter 1

I'll always be right here," she then pointed to his head, or where she thought it was, weakly, "and in there. I'll never truly leave you, I'll just be with Grandpa Igneel... and Éclair," Nashi's breaths began to grow longer. Natsu and Lucy held her closer. She didn't have much longer and it scared them. Everyone was surprised when a small laugh came from Nashi's lips.

"Even though... I didn't have very long... I'm very thankful... for the time I was able... to spend with both of you," tears pricked at the corners of Nashi's dead eyes, her lower lip quivered, "Thank you, Mommy, Daddy... thank you... for everything."

Natsu and Lucy stared at their child in disbelief. Since they had known Nashi, never ceased to surprise them. She truly was special and they didn't deserve such a child. Natsu sniffled, pushing back a strand of Nashi's hair.

"It' us, that should be thanking you." Lucy nodded her head.

"Yes, you have been such a beautiful gift to both of us. You gave us back the hope that had died before you were even born. T-Thank you Nashi."

Natsu and Lucy's eyes became fuzzy. Nashi felt small droplets fall onto her cold skin. Natsu kissed temple, rubbing his cheek against her soft locks lovingly.

"Thank you, Nashi. T-Thank y-you."

Nashi had never felt such overwhelming love in all her life. She smiled the biggest smile she could, her eyes drifting shut, for most likely the last time. The girl whispered with the little breath she had left.

"You're welcome."

"NASHI!"

"Ahh!" Natsu shot up from his bed in a cold sweat. He panted heavily, trying to recollect himself. He rubbed a hand on his face, whipping away the sweat that drenched his brow. When his breathing had evened, he looked around the room he was in. He recognized it as his own bedroom and let out a sigh of relief.

It was just a dream.

As his eyesight adjusted, he heard light breathing beside him in bed. Natsu turned to look at the individual lying beside him. Lying right beside him was his wife Lucy. Her blonde hair was sprawled across her pillow carelessly. She looked so peaceful in her sleep Natsu couldn't help but smile.

He couldn't believe that they were married and even had a child. In the past it all seemed like a distant fantasy just out of his reach. Now, it was dreams come true. It was hard to imagine how it could have been. The memory of Nashi and the dark guild, Scarabs Wings, was still imprinted in his mind and he knew it would never go away, but that didn't matter. He could live with it, because that future wasn't going to happen. Now that Natsu had changed it, none of those things were going to happen. Granted, everything else didn't happen either: him and Lisanna dating, Gajeel and Levy didn't get married, all his adventures with Nashi before he knew she was his daughter. In the deep recesses of his heart, he felt bad for altering the future, but if it was destined, if it was meant to be, there was not a doubt in Natsu's mind that everyone would be happy.

He lay back down on his side facing his beautiful wife. He lifted a hand and gently stroked the side of her cheek. Lucy's closed eyes twitched for a moment before they opened, revealing her brown irises.

"Sorry," Natsu mumbled smiling, "I didn't mean to wake you up."

Lucy smiled at him lovingly, "It's okay." Natsu readjusted himself as Lucy snuggled into him. Natsu let out a content sigh while Lucy relaxed.

"Why were you awake?" she asked softly, sleepiness evident in her voice. Natsu threw and arm around her and held her close. They lay in silence for what felt like hours until Natsu finally decided to respond.