CH-02

"Sign this" said Sanskar throwing a paper in front of Ragini when she was arranging the dining table after the breakfast. She looked at him confused. "What is this?" asked she. "I don't have so much time to explain you just sign it. If you want you can read it. I want it signed by evening" said he and headed out of the house. She picked it up and realized it is kind of legal paper and as her eyes moved down the two words written in bold made her heart pain "DIVORCE PAPER" she freaked out. Her eyes widened.

She knew he doesn't like her and want to get rid off her but so much desperate to divorce her she never knew. It was just the third day after the marriage and how can he be so casual about all these? Those seven vows had no meaning at all for him? A tear dropped from her eye. And she closed her eyes and sobbed holding the table. Sanskar watched her from the window for the last time before disappearing. He doesn't know why her pain pained him. Though he claimed to hate her from the core of his heart but her pain was something which was effecting though slowly it was effecting him. And he was unable to understand why. "I want you to suffer more Ragini. More than my imagination, though I forget my humanity I have to give you pain and only pain" he smirked and disappeared.

"I will take all your hate Sanskar. All your hate" said she as the tears streamed down her cheeks.
***************************************.************************************************
"Piyu" called Sujata from the dining hall. "Ayi dadu" screeched Piyu. As she descended from the stairs her one leg slipped and she screamed as she was about to fall but Ragini held her safely. She opened her eyes which she shut due to fear and found Ragini smiling. "Thanks" she said without expression and walked straightening herself. Ragini smiled at least she said a word to her. Other than hate she could see a expressionless face at least. "Piyu your school bus must be coming" said Sujata and headed out with Piyu. Looking at her innocent face Ragini forgot her pain. "Ragu" called Adarsh from his room and she headed to his room.

As she entered his room she burst out laughing. "What happened?" asked Ram standing beside her as he was passing by Adarsh's room and burst out laughing looking at Adarsh.

Adarsh was pouting looking at them as he was covered with all the Saris across him. Ragini nodded her head and neared him. She made him to come out of the mess and he sat on the bed. "What were you doing AJ?" asked she cleaning the mess. "I was just finding Pari's haar. She wanted to gift you that when you will get married" said he and Ragini's face stiffened and she became numb. The marriage which Sanskar broke in the morning her AJ was planning to gift her; for that broken marriage. She composed herself and cleaned the mess. "Let it be AJ. I don't want anything" said she and placed all the Saris inside the cup board. Ram observed her sadness. "How does she manage to smile even after so much hatred she gets" he thought to himself. "No Ragu. It is very important" said Adarsh with wide open eyes. "Okay okay AJ we will search it ok. Now you play. We will search tomorrow" said Ragini and he nodded his head and continued playing. She looked at him and her gaze turned to Pari's photo on the wall where she was smiling with her evergreen smile.
Teri muskurahate hai takat meri.....
Mujhko inhi se umeed mili........
Chahe kare koi sitam yeh jaha.....
Inhi me hai sada hifazat meri.....
Ragini smiled and headed out wiping her tears. Ram headed to his room with null expression.

"What happened Ji?" asked Sujata placing her hand on Ram's shoulder when he was sitting on the bed and was lost in thoughts. "Nothing Suji" said he and came out of his thoughts. "Won't you tell me?" asked she. "I don't know why Suji but I feel Ragini is hiding something. Though she did wrong and is responsible for Sanskar's pain I feel she is going through something bigger than that" said he. "Shall I tell you something? Even I feel the same. She is so innocent it is visible in her eyes. She claims to love Sanskar but I never saw it in her eyes. If she loves him then why she hesitates and becomes nervous around him? Might be due to his hatred, but if she loves him why is she not trying to reduce the hatred instead she just tolerates it without complaining" said she worried. "And I saw him handing the divorce paper in the morning" said he. "We have to do something Ji. Marriage is not a joke or something which can be broken so easily. They wanted it or not they are in this and they have to be in this forever though they hate each other." said she. "Haa Suji. And we have to do something" said he and Sujatha placed her head on his shoulder and he rubbed her shoulder. "I have accepted her as my bahu though it is fate" Sujata. "So won't you do the rituals to welcome your Bahu?" asked he. "She has already started cooking na in which your son always finds problems" said she looking up at him. "That was really hilarious" said he chuckling remembering that day incident. Sujata hit him playfully on his chest and he dragged her close and placed his chin on her head. "Then we can start with Mu dikhayi rasam at least" said he.