Single (Chapter 17)

Sorry for uploading delay...my life's been oretty hectic lately. Needless to say, I despise math and I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Thank you for sticking with me if your still reading this story because of my bad uploading habits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Remember how I was saying I was so excited for Emma to come over? So I could finally have a girl friend? Well, screw her.

Asher and I had only been going out for what, two weeks? And then she showed up. I thought we were all going to be best friends, three musketeers, whatever you want to call it. Guess what happened? She practically stole him from me. No joke.

Its only been two months since school started, so it's October. Which means the Halloween is in 31 days. Isn't Halloween supposed to be an evil holiday? I should have taken that as a sign. Anyways, Asher and I finally started dating, and then Emma showed up.

Mark left to go back to London to promote business there and then about one week later Emma and her dad Brant showed up. They were living in Asher's house until December. DECEMBER. Can you believe it? I was livid. She was even enrolled in our school! I guess I should start from the beginning.

1 WEEK AGO

"I haven't seen you in forever!" a blonde girl cried. She threw her arms around my boyfriend and I couldn't help but feel slightly annoyed as she ignored me. I stepped out of the car into the chilly air. Cold wind nipped at my rosy cheeks as I stood in front of the airport entrance

"I've missed you so much Emma!" Asher's mother exclaimed, throwing her arms around the blonde beauty after she was done attacking Asher. I narrowed my eyes at the girl Asher called his friend. Otherwise known as the only girl in the world whose pants Asher didn't want to get into. Hmmm...

I rolled my eyes at Asher's mother. Figures she would hate everything in this entire world except for this Emma chick. My former feelings of wanting to be her friend vanished and suddenly I had the feeling I should be careful around her.  

Emma was one of those all around, beautiful, peppy blondes everyone loved. She was probably the most irresistible girl at school, had perfect grades, captain of the volleyball team, and cheerleading captain on top of that. She had gorgeous blond wavy hair and sparkling blue eyes. Her killer smile made me want to smack her across the head for being too perfect. It seemed wrong. How could Asher have possibly been immune to her beauty? She was so much more prettier than me. My eyes didn't swirl around like you were trapped in an ocean. My golden blonde hair was curly and frizzy, not luscious and wavy. Asher said he never liked Emma and she was his only girl friend. It was too good to be true.

Asher was standing awkwardly behind his mother, who was being attacked by the girl I immediately felt a strong disliking towards. He shot me a sympathetic look and mouthed 'she's not usually this crazy'. I rolled my eyes at her behaviour and debated getting back in the car without gretting her, then deciding against it. I didn't need Asher's mom to hate me more.

Asher's mother moved back and suddenly remembered I was standing with her. She struggled to keep her dislike of me out of her voice. "Oh, Emma....this is Asher's...girlfriend."

Emma raised her eyebrows at me, shooting a quick glance at Asher. He gave her a reassuring smile, almost as though he was saying

I actually like her.

I smirked at Emma. B*tch.

She gave me her best mega watt smile, and threw her arms around me. "It's so nice to meet you! I was beginning to think Asher would never be able to hold down a girl."