F

Dear Kaori,

February is here and it's Valentines Day.

If we saw each other today, I bet you would ask me for some canalés. I would give them to you in a heartbeat because my heart belongs to you. This time we can enjoy the canalés together okay?

What should we do today for Valentine's Day?

Ah...forgive me, you would probably be scolding me right now for not being a gentlemen.

Okay, let me try this again...

Kaori Miyazono, will you be my Valentine?

Did it reach you? I hope you said yes if it did.

Maybe we can go for a walk in the park and admire the cherry blossoms that are starting to bloom or chase a cat down the alley.

You know now that I think about it... You're like a cat. If I get close, you'll ignore me and go far away. If I get hurt, you'll play around to share the pain.

Whatever it is that we do today, I just want to do it with you.

I just want to spend the day with you.

I'm sorry, that was a lie...

The truth is, I want to spend everyday with you.

The days I'm with you are colorful...

I would say that I want to spend forever with you, though the thing is... I used to believe in forever, but now I think forever is too short.

So instead, let's spend everyday together okay?

Hey Kaori, wanna play pretend and live our lives?

We can be who we want to be. You'll be a violinist and I'll be a pianist. We'll finally be free. We can live together and we'll never have to be alone in this world without each other.

We can play music how we want and cross the world to play for anybody when we get the chance. We can show them through our music our story. Our battles, scars, wounds, smiles, laughs, love.

We could leave out all of our regrets because they'd be non-existent.

After all...

Music is freedom.

Sorry I haven't said this yet, but... Happy Valentine's Day.

I wonder how you're spending it. I hope you spend it playing your violin and eating all the canalés and sweets you want.

You know, before the letter I always thought that there was no one who'd ever fall in love with me.

Nor did I think that I would fall so irrationally in love.

You sparkled so much in my eyes Kaori.

I didn't realize my feelings for you at first. I hadn't felt that way before so I didn't know how to react to it. Plus, as far as I knew then you were in love with Watari.

However, my time with you started becoming more precious. I started to crave it, as if it were a sweet canalé.

Love is sweet when it's new. You know that?

Then I started to come to terms with myself about my feelings for you. I had started to learn what exactly it was.

But you were still in love with Watari. So it was a sweet with an almost bitter aftertaste. It was weird, but I still craved it.

Then you wrote me that letter. And it clicked...

But it is sweeter when it is true.

After all...

We met in April and fell in love.

-Kousei