Eren x Reader: Part 6

A few hours later you woke up with your vision fuzzy. Out the window, the sky was indigo, indicating that it was very early morning, around 2 or so. You raise yourself up and are now sitting upright in the bed. Eren was back in the chair. He looked peaceful yet you still felt sorry for him. More like horrible. After getting both feet on the wooden floor boards, you go through the whole process of getting up. It was painful. Finally you were up and since you had rested a little more you could walk slightly. You made your way over to Eren slowly. Then with the most gentle care not to wake him, you knelt down and gazed at him. His breathing was even as his chest rose and fell. You raised your hand and touched his hair. It was smooth and soft. Stroking his head, you smiled. Then leaning in, you give him a gentle but meaningful kiss. "My little Eren." you whisper. You rest your head on his lap and fall asleep once again. (Too much sleeping amiright? Don't worry, it'll get interesting soon.)
...
The first rays of sun peeked through the window and spread themselves out on the floor. One made its way to illuminate you and Eren in the corner. Eren's eyes open and trail down to his girl lying in his lap. He smiled and put his hand gently on your head. Then your eyes open too. You become aware that you are lying his Eren's lap and his hand is on your head. You wanted to stretch but you were afraid that the moment you move, his warmth would diminish.
"Hey." he whispers in a husky voice. You sigh happily. How the hell did you get so damn lucky?
"Good morning." you murmur into his leg. You nuzzle closer. Suddenly there was a pounding on the door. You both jump, alarmed. Eren looks to you wildly and says,
"Hide in the bathroom and clean yourself up. Then after I'll talk to you." You nod and close the door. Inside there was a pair of fresh clothes.
Eren must have gotten these while I was sleeping.
You hop in the bath. (Look...idfk if there are "bathrooms" and that shit in this damn world but work with me k?) The runoff mixing into the water was red. It was only last night but it seemed like it had been weeks.
You examine your body. Bruises and cuts cover your arms and chest. You felt a few bad cuts across your face. After the bath, you dry off and put on the clothes. Then you hear a voice that turns your blood to ice. You sink down to the floor. With your head on your knees, you listened.
"Oh hey Mikasa."
"Hey Eren. Come out with me today. Their giving us a break since we've been training 24/7 all week."
"Thanks but I can't." He fakes a cough.
"Oh I see. Do you need someone to take care of you?" she said hopefully.
"Nah it's fine. I'd rather be alone. Bye!" Eren closed the door and sighed. You felt tears on your face. Then you tightened your hand into a hard fist and slammed the ground. Pain shot through your arm but you didn't care. Why does it seem like I'm so weak? Why am I crying so much? Fuck. I don't want to be weak. I can take care of myself!!
There's a slight tap on the door to the bathroom. You didn't respond. Eren asks quietly, "y/n are you alright?" Again you didn't respond. The sound of the doorknob turning slowly is the only noise. When the door is open, all you can see are his boots standing in the doorway. "Are you ok?" he repeats. You must look pathetic, cowering in the corner of a bathroom like a child. He walks toward you. The weight of his hands on your shoulders comforts you a little.
"I don't even know why I'm crying." you say meekly. He sits in front of you. "Can you tell me what happened last night?" It wasn't a command. It was just a simple question. Slowly you explain with detail the events of the night. You can't see his expression but he's silent the whole time. When the story was done, you both sat in silence. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I've dragged you into this." Quickly you get up and run to the door to escape. You didn't want him to see you this way, depressing and pathetic. Weak. But Eren was faster. His arms wrapped around your waist and yanked you away. With your body in agony and your mind in chaos, you struggle frantically. He holds firm. Crying out loud now, you scold yourself.
A baby. Just like a fucking baby.
Then Eren stops everything with a hard kiss on your lips. Your e/c eyes are wide with shock and your body goes limp. When he pulls away, all you can do is stare at him. His eyes were angry. The ocean was ablaze.
"Why the hell would you ever say something like that?" Eren says darkly, "Don't give yourself so much credit. It's not your fault Mikasa beat you. You didn't convince me to send that note." You look at your feet, not daring to meet his gaze.
"But I chose to come and that is where things go wrong." you blurt out. Instantly you regret it. You look up to see his expression. It was grave.
"I see..." he mumbles. You scramble over to him and throw yourself limply on him. Grabbing the sides of his head, you shout while crying,
"THATS NOT WHAT I MEANT!"
You fall to the ground in despair. Eren is still standing but he's terrifyingly silent. Trying to muffle your sobs, you cover your mouth with your hands. "Eren I love you. That's not what I meant. I'm so so sorry. Please believe me but I'll go if it helps." you stutter. You get to your feet and head for the door once again. You don't dare look at Eren's face. With one foot out the bathroom, his arms wrap around your waist only this time it's much tighter and harder. He pulls you to him. His face buried in your back.
"That's the last thing I want right now." he says into your shirt. "Please don't go." His voice cracks.
You whirl around to see his face. There are tears falling down and splashing on the ground. Your e/c eyes widen and you hug him with all your strength that you have at the moment.
"Please don't cry for me." you whisper. He hugs you back tighter. It hurts and you wince. He notices and apologizes. You cut him short with a small kiss. He leans in and gives you a softer, more tender kiss than before. Smiling, you nuzzle into his neck as he carries you back to the bed. "You must be getting quite a workout." you comment. He laughs and shakes his head. His laugh was like music. Music you could dance to all night long.