Chapter XI : BP Ruin Line

|2117 words|

Listen to Bad Things by Camila Cabello. (Not about the Chapter, I don't really like the song that much either. I only like the rap part so..)

Elaine's P.O.V

The dinner was awfully awkward. Well particularly, to me. I kept peeking glances at Rowan though he doesn't seem suspicious of me. He has a slight cut on the side of his forehead, yet no one seems to question him. For Christ's sake, why am I such a curious person? Maybe I shouldn't have followed Rowan.

But… if I didn't I wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight.

I looked up from my plate again at Rowan but this time, his eyes locked with mine, he raised his eyebrows questionably and I instantly looked away.

Thea cleared her throat and began talking excitedly looking at me.

"So Elle, since you weren't here this morning when we woke up-"

Crap. Rowan instantly snapped his head towards me and placed his elbows on the table entangling his hands together like some investigator.

"Where were you?" He inquired cutting off Thea and taking a sip from his vodka.

If I tell him to mind his business or any of that sort, he will get suspicious.

"I went jogging."

He retreated back to his seat and raised an eyebrow. For one thing I know, Rowan isn't stupid. Not at all.

"For 2 hours?" Thea asked with furrowed brows.

Shut up Thea!

Wait, I was gone that long?! Well, technically we were gone that long.

"No, for half an hour." I said with narrowed eyes.

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure." I insisted.

"Anyway, back to what I was saying. Tonight at 10:50, Rowan is having a fight in BP Ruin Line and we get to sit in the V.I.P section. We have a perfect view of the ring and to drool over hot guys. And the fact that we will be rich betting on Rowan every round!!"

We sure will. After watching his street skills, I wonder what his professional skills will be like.

"What's the BP Ruin Line?"

"The most Famous Fighting Stadium. People come from foreign countries to sign up for a fight in there. First, it's fucking huge-"

"That's what she said!" Aiden yelled wiggling his eyebrows.

"You're disgusting." I commented pushing my plate slightly to the side.

"And second, It has a second floor were car races, and any money bets are organized. It's fucking awesome, dude." Thea said happily placing a fry between her lips.

"Well, I can't find a reason to say no to that."

"It wasn't an option, you were coming anyway."
I shot her a look and she shut her mouth snickering.

I got up and held my plate, walking to the kitchen. I washed my dish then dried my hands.

Suddenly, startled I jumped feeling a hot breath tingling my neck and slightly, fingers pressing on my waist.

"You're a bad liar, Elaine. You're like an open book." I didn't even feel someone coming in.

"Get away from me, Rowan." I breathed out slowly.