Seventy. I'll See You Later Part. 1

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry?" I looked at him appalled. "What's worse than murder?"

"Well, one time we-"

"Ryan," Aidan held up a hand. "Shut the hell up. Seriously."

"Yeah, Ryan," Scarlett shoved him. "Do you want to freak her out?"

I had to laugh at her choice of words. "Oh, don't worry about that. I'm way beyond freaked out at this point. Way beyond. I don't think there's a word for the level I'm at mentally."

"Demi, just go with Ryan," Aidan said, bringing my attention back to him. "Please."

"You're going to get yourself killed," I hissed. "Why can't you just let it go?"

"Because he won't let it go," he almost snapped. "They're just going to kidnap you again. This time they may even kill you, or maybe go back to my sister just for the hell of it."

"Aidan's right, Demi," Scarlett stepped forward. "Borgogoni isn't going to stop unless we make him stop. Not just because he wants to make absolute sure Aidan remains deeply embedded in his business, but because he likes playing games like this. Toying with people's lives? He gets kicks out of it. Honestly, we were planning on taking him out anyway," she glanced at Aidan. "But seeing as Romeo over here has to make a dramatic statement because of your kidnapping stint, we have to push the timetable up."

"But didn't you just say it was a suicide mission?" I asked her, trying to keep my voice down.

"Well, to be fair everything we do is a suicide mission," Ryan piped up. "I mean there's a lot more to moving drugs than you'd think," he paused. "Not that I'm admitting to selling drugs...because that would be a very stupid thing to admit to."

"Don't worry about us," Scarlett beamed. "We're going to be fine. We've been trained to do things that would send the CIA running with their tails between their legs, and that's just with our hands. You don't even wanna know what we can do with our guns."

"No, I don't think I do," I paused, staring at Aidan. "Fine, I guess I don't have much of a choice, but if you care about my sanity at all you'll let me know that you're okay the second that you can. I would tell you to text me every five minutes, but I kind of threw my phone at the guy who kidnapped me."

He chuckled and nodded. "I'll do my best."

He smiled in such a charming manner it evoked a smile out of me in turn.

"Did you guys want Scarlett and I to leave or....?" Ryan asked after several moments.

I broke eye contact with Aidan just in time to see Scarlett shove him.

"What?" He asked. "The eye fucking was making me uncomfortable. Now come on, Demi. Kiss your boyfriend goodbye, and let's go."

"He's not my boyfriend," I corrected him quietly, glancing at Aidan who was no longer smiling. "Well, bye."

"I'll see you later," he nodded. "And, um..."

He trailed off, and I stared at him expectantly, waiting for him to finish.

"Sorry," he finally said. "About all of this."