Nine. Non-Confessions

"I can't believe you judo flipped him," Majesty cackled. "You are a legend."

I flipped my long hair over my shoulder and slapped her raised hand. "I know."

"It's not funny guys!" Kenzie glared at me through her designer sunglasses, and I could tell she was glaring at me because her mouth was set in a scowl. "You could have seriously hurt him, Demetria."

"Stop calling me that, and I did warn him," I shrugged, sipping my mango smoothie. "He didn't listen."

The three of us were currently relaxing in lounge chairs on my back patio in our bikinis with different flavored smoothies in our hands. It was eighty degrees outside so we took advantage of what we knew would be one of the last warm days of the year, given the summer weather was soon to come to a close.

"You know it's all over Twitter and Instagram, right?" Majesty asked, wiping a drop of her drink off her purple bikini top.

"My Twitter has been blowing up with mentions and follows nonstop," I adjusted my sunglasses. "This must be what it feels like to be Internet famous."

"Hardly," Kenzie scoffed.

"Kenzie, you can go home at anytime," I reminded her, smoothing down the breast of my pink bikini.

"Nah, I'm good here," she sighed and put an arm behind her head.

"Wait, so I still don't quite get it. Did he threaten you or something? Why'd you flip him?" Majesty asked, stirring her drink with her straw.

"Well, I ran into him on the back porch after I ran into Satan himself-"

"Woah, woah wait a minute," Kenzie pulled off her glasses and looked me dead in the eye. "Pause and rewind. You ran into Chase?"

"Yep," I nodded, appreciating the fact that my friends knew Satan equaled Chase. I then furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Wait, didn't I tell you guys?"

"Uh, no."

"Huh," I shrugged. "Must've slipped my mind."

"Must've," Kenzie snorted, sitting back in her lawn chair. "And it would explain why you never came back with my drink."

"What did he say?" Majesty leaned towards me, looking curious.

"I don't really want to get into it," I studied my nail beds. "Long story short he was acting like an ass and grabbed me, so I stomped on his foot and ran into Aidan when I made my grand escape."

"He grabbed you?" Kenzie asked sounding appalled.

"It's not as bad as it sounds," I assured her, casually turning my arm slightly, so my bruise was out of her line of sight.

"Are you sure?" Majesty asked. "Because I'll get him for you if you want."

"It's fine, Maj."

"I have a switchblade in my car," she continued.

I slid my sunglasses on top of my head and turned to look at her. "Why?"

"I'm an attractive, young woman. Why wouldn't I carry one with me at all times?" She asked, as if this should all be obvious to me. "I'm not trying to get jumped."

"You could always carry pepper spray like a normal person," Kenzie snickered, turning on her stomach and untying the strings to her green bikini to work on tanning her back. "You just want an excuse to 'cut' somebody."

"If nobody messes with me it won't ever be a problem," Majesty reasoned.

"Go back to your story, Dem," Kenzie said, resting her head on her hands.