Sketch #11 - Extra

Sketchbook [Deidara]

Extra

-

"I...couldn't bring...myself...to tell...you..." A hand slid off his cheek, leaving a trail of blood.

Deidara bit his lower lip, eyes clenching together as he looked away from his childhood friend's face.

Why? Why did it end up like this? I put you somewhere safe, dammit, un!

He clenched his teeth together, his breathing becoming quicker. His mind had clouded over from the mission he was undertaking, and he knew, that he had made a huge mistake.

Slowly, the Akatsuki member opened his eyes, daring to meet with Rina's golden irises. He hadn't seen her in a couple of years, and the last time they had met, flashed into his mind.

It was when he had said his farewells, when he had decided that he wouldn't meet her anymore. It was a couple of visits after he had given her the sketchbook adorned with jewels, one that he had specially asked for to be handcrafted. Of course, it was expensive as hell and back, but he did it because he wanted to, even though he got severely scolded by Kakuzu.

-

"Rina, un...this is my last time visiting you, yeah." Deidara averted his gaze, not wanting to see the anguish and pain in Rina's eyes. When she didn't say anything in response, he looked back curiously, but regretted it almost immediately.

She was crying – silently, like a shadow. Tears fell from her eyes like an unstoppable waterfall.

"Uh, um, Rina, un, uh—" Deidara freaked out a little, wondering what he should do. He gave up in the end and sighed deeply.

Of course farewells are going to be soppy, yeah.

"I knew this would happen." Rina's voice held something akin to a mixture of sadness and knowing.

"You knew this would happen, un?" Dei looked at her strange, but then it clicked in his memories. He remembered her telling him, upon their first few meetings, that he would be saying goodbye to her, and that she would be crying. "Ah..."

Rina merely nodded, "Even though, I knew that this would happen, I feel...sad." Her brows furrowed together and she pressed her lips into a thin line, "It feels a lot sadder...than what I had experienced in those dreams. A lot sadder..." She placed a hand over her chest, over her heart, "It hurts. It aches at this moment. Will it be because I'll miss you? I don't know why."

Deidara stared at her hand, mouth slightly open in surprise. He closed his mouth and looked away. Sasori wasn't here with them, so he was free to do whatever without having to act cool headed. "Rina, un...sorry about this, yeah. I want to keep you out of trouble." Dei met her eyes, "If we see each other again, I don't know what will happen."

Rina wiped the tears from her eyes and cheek. She looked like she wanted to say something, but she decided against it, and clenched her dress with her hands. "Thank you for being my friend." She smiled warmly.

Dei's throat clogged up and he froze in his spot. His body felt rigid and he didn't know whether or not he should say the same thing. As his mind was getting overdriven by the memories that they made together from young, for some strange reason, Dei's mind selected the ones that were most embarrassing to him, and made him remember every single little detail.

Rina blinked a couple of times, seeing Deidara frozen in his spot. Slowly, his face started to become red, and the serious expression he had before changed to one of pure embarrassment. "Dei?"