Wish You Were Here

Damn, Damn, Damn,
What I'd do to have you
Here, here, here
I wish you were here.
Damn, Damn, Damn
What I'd do to have you
Near, near, near
I wish you were here  

Wish You Were Here- Avril Lavigne

________________________________

A few days had passed since Caitlin and her parents left Central City and the holidays were finally over. Mostly, Caitlin had spent the last few days locked in her room 'studying'. Or at least that's what her parents thought. She was really Skype calling Barry on her laptop. But it wasn't the same.

If her parents found out, they would surely take away her laptop, therefore, they wouldn't have any contact at all. And Caitlin knew she wouldn't be able to handle that.

And although they could talk over Skype, it didn't satisfy their need for each other. The lack of capability for physical contact made them even lonelier and their rooms, homes even, seem colder than usual.

School and study had always been a distraction for Caitlin and so she was happy when the first day came. It forced her away from her parents and their prying eyes and to a place where she could try to forget her problems. Or at least try to.

And as she pulled up outside the high school and walked inside she immediately missed the school that was her home away from home, in a way. Other than Barry, of course. He was her home. But school was their safe haven. Where they could be together and nobody would judge them for it. And it was times like these when she realised how much she loved Barry.

Deciding to head to the library, Caitlin followed the signs on the wall to her ideal hangout. But, as soon as she entered a wave of sudden anxiety took over as she saw the huge crowds of students.

"You okay?" a female voice asked.

Caitlin slowly pivoted around and saw a tall girl with long flowing black hair and piercing blue eyes.

"I'm new here," she replied.

"Okay well, welcome to the school. I'm Zatanna Zatara. I can show you around if you want," the girl introduced herself.

"Thank you, that's very nice of you. I'm Caitlin Snow," Caitlin replied happily and they walked off together.

After a short while, Zatanna had taken Caitlin on a full tour of the school. The last block they visited on the tour was the music block. And while Zatanna wasn't looking, Caitlin sat at the piano and started to play.

Since she was five years old, Caitlin had learnt how to play the piano after her mother insisted on her being a 'jack of all trades' so to speak. She had mastered it and could play at a professional level. It was at this moment when Caitlin's mind wandered to a special moment with Barry...

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

 Three months had passed since Barry and Caitlin's first meeting and the two had quickly gained feelings for each other and everyone could see it. 

Currently, Caitlin was playing piano in the music block not noticing that someone was watching her. Barry had been told that she would be there and had to stop to admire her playing when he first heard her. She had never mentioned that she could play the piano.

"You're really good, you know," he stated, causing her to stop in surprise and turn around to face her visitor, who was leaning against the doorframe.

"How can I help you, Mr Allen?" she asked with a smile, butterflies fluttering in her stomach and shivers running through her body like electricity. She got this feeling whenever he was around her or whenever he looked at her.