Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

"I know but it's different living somewhere else. And what if you think about moving closer to your school?"

"Jackson got me a whole house Naiya."

"Yeah but what if you got a temporary apartment?"

"I wouldn't."

"It would save you gas money."

"I ain't worried about gas money."

"It would save you time."

"I'm gonna be taking a lot of online classes in my senior year Nai."

"But-"

He pressed my lips together, "Shut up. I'm 30 minutes away and I'm always gonna be 30 minutes away. Unless I come closer to you. Never further you hear me?" My lip trembled again and he was pulling me into his arms again. His chin hair brushed against my neck along with his lips. "I love you Naiya."

My body suddenly felt like I was on a cloud or something. I knew he loved me but it feels different after last night. "I love you."

The doorbell rang, breaking him and I apart. Still, I grabbed onto his arm hoping that if it was Brendan at the door, I would be able to get one more hug in before he left me.

Keon chuckled. "It's your boyfriend."

My eyes widened, "What?"

"Taylor."

"Tyler."

"Why do I keep saying Taylor?" He kinda muttered to himself.

I moved Keon to the side and looked into the peephole myself. Sure enough it was him.

"Why ain't you tell me you was having company? I woulda been gone."

"I didn't invite him though."

Keon smirked at me, "Well don't leave him outside. Open the door." He pushed me to the side and opened it for me. I hid behind the door. "Hey what's up?"

"Oh hey Keon. Is Naiya around? I just saw Shanelle leaving and she told me she moved in. I live here so I guess it's only right to come see my new neighbor."

"Yeah she's around..." Keon pulled me from behind the door.

I smiled at Tyler. "Oh hey!"

"What's up? Welcome to the neighborhood I guess...you like it so far?"

I shrugged, "Yeah it's cool. Did I hear you say that you live in the building?"

"Yup right down the hall actually."

"Oh...nice!"

Keon kissed the side of my head, "I'll leave you two be...Nai call me if you need me okay? And let Taylor in. Give him a tour girl."

"It's actually Tyler..." Tyler mumbled loud enough for me to hear.

Keon started to head out with the most assholest grin on his face. I know he messes Tyler's name up on purpose. "Tyler make yourself comfortable I'm just gonna walk Keon out."

I didn't give Tyler a chance to reply. My man was almost down the hall.

"Keon!"

He stopped and turned around. Still wearing that grin. "Sup?"

"I don't want you to leave."

"Naiya," He whined, "you knew I was leaving at some point."

"I know but...I want you to stay. Just for the night?"