Talking to myself

Fired.

I couldn't believe it. I had been working for Arkham for- well to be honest I don't know how long, but that doesn't give anyone the right to fire me without cause. Dr. Strange had left without a word a few months ago. So I was a secretary without anyone to assist. So the boss people, whoever they are, decided to kick me out. I didn't even get a call. Nope, they put an eviction notice on the door to my room.  That was that. I was now jobless and homeless with nothing to my name. 

This was the first time out of that asylum in quite awhile. With my job and house being the same place Dr. Strange said I never had to leave, so I never did. I had forgotten how gloomy the sky was. It was always cloudy. I don't think the police sirens ever stopped ringing. 

I wandered the streets for a little while. I was looking for some place to get food with the last few dollars I had. Everything was either to expensive or rundown. I was waiting to cross the street when a new article caught my eye. "Ex Boyfriend Cop kills New Husband on Wedding Night." It was not a good title, but I picked the newspaper out of the trash and started to read it. Apparently a cop name Jim Gordon killed his ex-girlfriend husband on their wedding day. I couldn't believe it. Who would do something like that? I didn't get to read the rest of the article. Part of it was either ripped or covered in something that I'd rather not think about. The date on this paper was from a few days ago. I wonder what else I missed while I was working in the asylum? 

I finally found some cheep place to eat. I was a family owned restaurant I didn't care what the name was, I needed to eat. It had been a whole day since I got my last meal. I think I walked about the entire city. I was under and overpass so I could hear the cars passing my as I chewed on my bacon burger.  The TV buzzed in the background about some mass murder that had happened at a TV station about five miles away. I didn't care. Shit like this always happened in Gotham. It was going to happen tomorrow aswell, people just hoped it wouldn't. I spent too much time in Arkham to have hope for this city. 

All of a sudden I hear slight static and "testing.....testing" That voice. I knew that voice!

"Am I live?" I turned around toward the TV.

"Can you hear me? Ah.. screw it. Let's do it." It was him. The boy from the tank, but he was alive. How was he alive?

"Hi. Some of you may know I died." So he did die.

"Take it from me, death is dull, but coming back that is something. Leave it to dieing to give you a whole new perspective on life." He came back. What happened to his face? By this time I had stopped eating my sandwich and was standing looking up at the TV. 

"And I would like to share that with you....Tonight Gotham in the darkness there are no rules. So, tonight Gotham do what you want, kill who you want. And when morning comes you too shall be reborn." The boy lit a fuse that was in his hand and left. He mumbled something to the guy sitting in the chair, but I didn't catch it. The video feed kept going, but with out the red head there, I didn't want to watch anymore. All I knew was that the boy was alive and I had to find him.