I was usually the one who elevated and iced. I always had to remind him and when he got back from work he was tired and fell asleep right after his shower. I don’t think he would even shower if I didn’t make him, but I refused to cuddle with him until he was clean.

When I could no longer see him I went up to his room and fell back on his bed.

Harry’s POV

I mucked out the stalls, filled the water buckets, and groomed my fifth of the horses. Liam, Zayn, Josh, and Niall each had a group to groom so none of us got stuck with grooming twenty five horses Instead we only had five to groom.

Missy nickered at me when I passed her stall, something she hadn’t done in a while. I caressed her cheek and kissed her velvety nose softly. I smiled, knowing she was feeling a bit better. The vet had given her a sedative and pain killer, which had calmed her.

“I’m going to get that tumor out of you. No matter what.”

She moved her head in a nod-like fashion and I laughed, giving her one last pat before returning to my duties.

I finished up and climbed up the stairs to my room. Louis was sitting on my bed, swinging his legs back and forth as he tapped the screen of his phone.

"Hey, wanna go get lunch now? The cafeteria's not open yet but they'll let me in."

"Actually, I have a better idea." He grinned. "Come on."

He grabbed my hand and led me outside and to the edge of the woods on the border of our property.

"Where are we going?" I dodged a branch that was about to whack me in the face. Louis was walking quickly and it was hard to keep up.

"You'll see."

After a while I figured out where we were going and I questioned Louis about it but he ignored me.

We stepped Into the clearing by the pond and I flinched when Louis covered my eyes with his hands.

"What’s going on?" I grumbled. I tried to pry his hands away from my face, but he kissed my neck throwing me off guard. "Louis, I'm not having sex with you here if that's what you're thinking."

He laughed shortly against my neck, sending shivers down my spine. He nipped the skin before moving his lips to my ear and whispering into it. "Close your eyes."

I shivered as he removed his hands and I closed my eyes obediently. He led me a few feet before stopping and letting go of my elbow.

"Open."

I opened my eyes and they immediately widened when I saw what he had done.

"Louis." I breathed, turning to him in awe.

"Do you like it?" He asked nervously. "I thought since I couldn't take you into town for a date then I'd improvise."

I gazed back at the blanket spread on the ground with a picnic basket in the middle. A few random flower petals were scattered around it and a bouquet of wild flowers sat on top of it.

"This is...I-I don't know what to say." I blushed. "Thank you."

"Sit." He ordered, ignoring my rambling.

I sat to the left and he sat close to me, leaning against me slightly.

"I know you've been under a lot of stress lately and I haven't been much help - hell, I've caused a lot of your stress - so I did this." He gestured around. "I've never done anything like this before. All my dates have been at fancy expensive places. My sister helped me. I called her and she gave me a couple ideas, but we decided on this."