Should've Listened

Request for LilyTheCoolOne

"tyler we really don't have to go one tonight if your feeling sick" josh says. tyler had been drowsy and ill all day. he had chills, a fever, and had even thrown up a few times.

"n-no! im fine, it's just-" tyler begins to say. but is cut off by a harsh coughing fit. "its just a head cold, i-im sure"

that statement was not reassuring to the worried and anxious josh. he holds his hand to tylers forehead. "your burning up!"

tyler just shakes his head, and stands up, biting back a groan. "i-im fine josh, don't worry."

josh nibbles on his lip, and nods. "if you say so""

_________

it's 5 minutes before the show. Tyler doesn't look any better and josh hasn't gotten any less worried.

tylers nose and ears were bright red while the rest of his skin was sporting a ghastly white shade.

"your sure you wanna do this? it's not too late to-"

"josh, I'll be o-okay"

josh. pushes back the bad feeling in his guy and once again nods.
______

the show is going fine. tyler sounds pretty much normal, but he struggling to hit some of the notes he can usually conquer easily. which is not unexpected.

joshs stomach is aching in worry so much that he's temped to scoop up the sickly boy and take him off stage.

when it's time for holding onto you, josh and tyler stand upon the piano together and he notices that tyler is turning a light shade of green. and his swaying as he stands.

josh does the backflip and heads back to his drum set. he plays for about 30 more seconds until tyler does his jump.

he jumps and doesn't quite land, his knees give out on him and he hits the ground with such force he stops singing and let's out a surprised yelp.

tyler tries to stand again but he stumbles back to his knees and puts his hand over his mouth.

josh saw this coming, and sprints like a madman to tyler. kneeling down and patting tylers back as he vomits into his hands.

that's when he has had enough. he scoops up tyler and runs backstage, sitting him down on the couch whilst holding a trash can under his chin.

two tears make their way down tylers cheeks. "i-im so-orry j-josh" he chokes, spitting into the basket.  "i sh-should've lis-tened"

josh shakes his head, immediately feeling guilty. he rubs tylers back and plants a kiss on his sweaty forehead. "it's okay ty, let's get you home."

________

tyler tucks his face under the blankets as josh holds up a glass of water accompanied by two small pills.

"ty, you have to take it, it'll make you feel better I promise." josh assures, sitting down on the bed. "please?"

tyler sits up, he groans as his muscles ache. it feels like his whole body is plotting against him.

he takes the bitter tasting pills (even tho you can't really taste pills) and josh helps him lay back down.

"I feel like shit" tyler whispers, closing his eyes as he lets out a shaky breath.

josh smiles weakly, and caresses tylers cheek "I know, I'm sorry"

tyler huffs, and scoots over, signaling for josh to get in. josh obliges, and lets tyler wrap his arms around him.

"im guessing you've already canceled tomorrow's show?" tyler asks 

josh nods "yeah, your not doing anything for the next week"

tyler yawns and snuggles closer into joshs chest. "somehow" tyler begins "im okay with that"

the hds music video was greattttttt

I cried a lot woops.

also I never update sorry

✌️