Accidents Happen

Josh groaned loudly as he opened the fridge door. "There's no food in here!" He yelled. Tyler looked up from his phone. "You wanna go to Taco Bell?" He asked, turning off his phone and putting it in his pocket. Josh nodded frantically and sprinted to the car. Tyler laughed, this boy and Taco Bell. Tyler walked to the car like a normal person, and sat in the drivers seat. Josh was practically bouncing up and down in his seat. "Why are you so excited?" Tyler asked, turning his head to look Josh in the eyes. It was something he always did, he always
had to look people in the eyes when he spoke to them. He didn't know why, it was just something he had to do. Josh turned to look at Tyler "I just like Taco Bell" he said smiling. Tyler giggled, Josh was so cute when he smiled. They stopped at a stoplight, Tyler looked at Josh in his eyes, "Your so cute when you smile" he said, making Josh blush. Once the light turned green, Tyler press on the gas and began moving forward. "Tyler, I love you" Josh spoke suddenly. Tyler smiled, and turned to face Josh. But when he did, he didn't notice the car racing their way, and it smashed into Josh's side of the car.

*****

Tyler slowly opened his eyes and looked around the totaled car. His head hurt and so did his arm and his ribs. He went to open the door with his good hand, but he stopped, suddenly noticing that the car was upside down. He saw a crimson red liquid drop and land on the ceiling of the car. Tyler wasn't bleeding that badly. Then he remembered.....Josh. He quickly looked over at Josh. His he had a large gash on his forehead, a split lip, and his nose was bleeding. The air bag must've hit him dead on. He was wearing a long sleeve and skinny jeans, so, Tyler couldn't really get a look at the rest of his body. Tyler realized the situation and began to breath heavily. "Oh my god. Oh my god" he repeated. He began shaking Josh with his good arm. "Josh, JOSH? JOSH!" He yelled, trying to wake up his unconscious friend. Tyler began crying. "Oh my god Josh this is all my fault" he sobbed. "I'm sorry, I love you too, so so much I love you..." soon Tyler was taken over by darkness and blacked out.

*****

Tyler opened his eyes to pure brightness. He looked around, rubbing his eyes from the sudden brightness. He was in the Hospital. He sat up slowly, trying to ignore the dull throbbing in his head. As soon at he sat up he immediately flipped back down due to the pain in his ribs. He lifted his shirt to see his chest all wrapped up, he went to look at his other hand, which was in a red cast, and saw Josh, awake and reading a book. He had a blue cast on his left leg, bandages on his head and other various spots on his body, and an oxygen mask on his face. Wait, an oxygen mask? Oh my god, he can't even breath on his own because of me. Tyler thought. A wave of guilt overtook him and he began to cry. Josh looked over at him. "Tye! Are you okay? What's wrong" he asked frantically, trying to move the bed closer to Tyler, but failing miserably due to his lack of strength. Ignoring the pain in his ribs, Tyler pushed the button to make his bed incline. "I'm sorry Josh" he cried. "I fucked up, I'm sorry this is all my fault, I should've seen the car coming."
Josh's eyes widened. "Tyler... No, I'm the one who took your attention off the road. This is my fault, please- please don't cry." Josh amends softly. Tyler shook his head. "Don't try and blame this on you Josh this-"
"Tye, honey, don't be so hard on yourself, it was probably a drunk driver and neither of our faults" he said, cutting off Tyler.
Tyler nodded, even though he still felt guilty.
Josh stated to cough violently. "J-josh?! Are you okay?!" Tyler asked frantically. Josh nodded. "Yeah, that happens sometimes." He said weakly.
Tyler looked down. "Wh- what all is wrong with you" he asked softly
"I don't think yo-"
"Tell me" he cut josh off
"Broken leg, ribs, split lip, concussion, punctured lung- it'sreally not that bad" he said smiling.
Tyler got tears in his eyes.
"I'm glad your okay though" Josh continued.
"What all is wrong with me?" Tyler asked
"Broken ribs, concussion. and a broken wrist"  he said bluntly.  Tyler frowned, Josh really got the worst of it.
Tyler stood up from his bed and began walking over to Josh's bed "Tyler, don't, you hurt yourself!" Josh said, louder than expected.
Tyler didn't listen. He just crawled under the blanket in Josh's bed and kissed his forehead.

"I love you Josh"
Josh smiled

"I love you too"