chapter 11

Sydney's POV

The birds are singing their songs and cool, slow wind flows through my hair and the trees. The fall leaves that are red, orange, yellow, and possibly green hang on the branches. Then some dead leaves sit under me. This is my happy place. I feel safe here. No one can hurt me here. This place calms me. I always went here when I was stressed or sad.

"You came back!" a familiar voice says behind me. I turned around and I see there a person I've been wanting to see in a long time. My mother.  "Mom!" I squeal and go up and hug her. "I've missed you so much! Dad has done so much." "I know he has. You are a strong girl, Sydney. You've been through so much." "How do you know? You weren't there." "I never left, Sydney, I've always been with you." "I have to go and so do you. You have 5 guys that are doing so much for you. I love you." she begins to walk off. "Wait! Mom! I love you." the end becoming a whisper because of my crying. "Wake up, Sydney." I hear my mom's voice again. This was a dream. This was one other best dreams I ever had.

I wake up to a tear stained face. It's around 1:30 in the morning and I don't think I'm going back to sleep. I decide to go to Harry's room because his is the closest to mine. 

I crept in and whisper, "Harry?" surprising he heard me and faces me. "What's wrong, Sydney? Did you have a bad dream?" He asked in his raspy morning voice. "No, I just can't sleep." I say and put my head down. "It's okay. Come here, you'll sleep with me tonight." "Okay."

With that, he lets me slip next to him. I curl up to his chest and my head is in the crook of his neck. He strokes my hair and my eyes flutter shut. I feel safe again. Sometimes other people are comforting. Before I completely drift off I make out him singing Little Things softly in my ear.

-------

Harry's POV

I feel like Sydney had a good birthday. She did get good gifts and she had fun. When she asked us if she could sleep alone to try it, I wasn't so sure about it. That one time she woke up screaming just broke me inside.

It feels like when we leave her alone something will get her. We did agree that if she does have a bad dream she'll come to one of us.

I finally went to bed but I can't fall asleep. It's around 1:30 and hear my door open. Thinking It's one of the boys I 'pretend' to be asleep.

"Harry?" Sydney's voice is just above a whisper. "What's wrong, Sydney? Did you have a bad dream?" I really hoping she didn't but at least she did come and get one of us. Heck I'm so happy that she actually did come and get one of us. "No, I just couldn't sleep."  Poor thing can't fall asleep.

"Come here, you'll sleep with me tonight." I say. "Okay." She whispers again. Her voice is so quiet but peaceful.

As soon as she slides next to me she curls right you against me like she was cold. I Wanna make sure fells safe so I stroke her hair and start singing Little Things.

After singing her that I fall asleep. I'm still happy that she did come to one of us. I seem shocked about this or something but I'm actually really happy. Just a normal father feeling right?

--------

Sydney's POV

When I wake up there is familiar pair of arms around me. Harry's.  He's still sleeping and I don't want to wake him so I just try to fall back asleep. That doesn't work to well. I look up to his pricing green eyes. "Good morning!" he says while squeezing me in a hug. "Morning." I say, hugging him back. That was a little random okay.

"Wanna go get breakfast?" "Yeah sure." He pulls me out of bed and grabs my hand to walk downstairs. They see me as something so fragile. That I could break anytime if not handled with care. That is partly true but I am already broke inside.

Liam and Niall are downstairs already eating breakfast. Niall isn't a surprise though he eats a lot. "There you are! You weren't in your room so I got worried!" Liam says to me. "Don't worry, Liam she came in with me. She's fine." Harry says. Oh Harry you are a funny one, I am not fine. Smiles cover that up easily.

"Why? What happened?" Liam questions.

"I couldn't sleep." I answer.

*********

Sorry that chapter was short. Okay okay first Happy late Birthday Harry! He.Is.20.No.Nope.Never. he is 16 okay yeah. One direction isn't really a boyband in reality but they sure are in our hearts!

And sorry for the late update I've been busy with school and band. Then Harold's birthday and the vevo record that we didn't break! I'm really upset with that only like 50% of us was trying.... I had 10 tabs open and stayed up until 2 a.m. it was disappointing.  Any who, vote? comment? share? if ya want to. love ya guys (: