Snow day

It's been a couple weeks since the Kian and Jc got put away and Grayson has seems fine. I knew I didn't have to be worried about him but I wanted to make sure he's fine. I would think a normal person would be depressed or have something off about them, but Grayson is no average person.
I'm currently sitting in first period and the gang is talking about some new show that came out, I think it's called Riverside or something like that. I'm not really into the conversation because I'm still mad that my mug was broken. I worked hard on it too, it was a hunny pot with a tiny Winnie the poo. I put so much work, I even came in during lunch to get everything perfect.
" What do you think Gabe?"" Yeah sure."" Yes that's perfect, everything is set up. Grayson's going to drive you up there during lunch."" It's a really nice place, Cleo and I took our time on this."" What'd I agree to?"" Are you serious? You and Grayson are going up to Big Bear." What's big bear?" What exactly is that?"" A cabin on the mountains, you're staying in a cabin in the mountain called Big Bear for the weekend with Grayson."" The snow right now is perfect."" Oh okay I want to go." They all sigh in defeat and Cleo adds an eye roll.

Grayson and I walk out of our second period and towards the parking lot.
Me: I feel bad about leaving you
What're you gonna do without me?
Cleo🐱:don't, I'm hanging out with Monique and Ethan.
Me: oh wow
Replacing me with Ethan
After that text she doesn't respond. I love how we don't have to talk every second of the day to affirm our best friendship.
" So have you been up here before?"" Yes my parents would take us around December. It's really pretty."" Are there actual bears? Because I'm suddenly afraid of bears." He chuckles to himself," I've never seen an actual bear. Who knows, maybe the cabin they got us is near a bear den."" STOPPPP."" I'm joking, I doubt it because they're usually asleep I think." I wonder if the snow is as wonderful as it seems in the movies. Since I'm from Vegas, I usually don't see it anywhere near where I live.
" Shouldn't we have packed clothes?"" No Cleo already took care of that, she bought us a few new outfits apparently."" I should've been listening."" Why weren't you? You looked kind of out of it."" I was just thinking about my beautiful mug that was broken."" Oh yeah it was really nice. Just make another one."" I was thinking about it, but it took so long."" It was nice, just don't give up."
The rest of the ride we just stay quiet and listen to some tunes on his Spotify playlist. Ethan and him made this really relaxing playlist, I'd probably pay about two dollars for it.
Grayson has always had a good taste in music since I've known him. He probably has better taste in music than Cleo. I'm more into the indie alternative pop rock scene, but he knows the best of every genre.

A huge buck, male deer, walks in front of our car. Grayson is currently going about four miles over the speed limit in the truck." Don't stop!"" Why," he starts slowing down." They start charging at us. You're always supposed to keep going." Grayson builds up the cars' speed and we basically charge at the magnificent creature. It moves just in time and the car got away unscathed." You were right. I didn't believe you at all, I was going to charge you for the damage to my truck."" Thanks for the faith, I wouldn't of paid. I probably would've sued you if I got injured, trust and believe."" Touché, how did you know that though?"" Well I'm smart, and I just know a lot of things that not many people really know about. Usually picked them up from books or my life."
" You actually like reading? I thought you were more of an artist."" Of course I love to read and write, it's another art. Painting is just one form of expression."" I wouldn't know anything about that."" You like music. So you do know something about art."" I don't compare to you at all."" If you say so."

We got up to the cabin and Grayson opens the huge front door. The cabin is so cute, huge open area and the view is amazing. I grab Grayson by the hand and take him to the bedroom," the piece de resistance. The outfits they bought us."" Oh I thought you were talking about the bed."
I pick my outfits up to see three thick bulky sweaters, neon overalls, two pairs of boots for the snow, pink long johns and acid washed jeans. Grayson got the same overalls and sweaters, but his pants are more low key." I guess Cleo hates me now. These clothes are simply atrocious."" What do you mean? You'll look cute in the outfit."" I'm going to look like a mom in the nineties."" If you say so. On the bright side I'd look like a nineties dad. Let's take a nap so we could hit the slopes later."" First I'm gonna check the fridge and backyard." If the fridge needs restocking I'll make him take me right now and the backyard probably has a good view of the slopes.
I check and it's almost completely empty," I am starving. Gray let's go to the grocery store!"" Come on, I just laid down!"" Just get up. Please, I know I'm probably going to get up in the middle of the night too." Grayson gets up and walks to me," you owe me one."" Gray I owe you a lot of things and this is something I won't have to."