Sick Day

It's officially the second week of June and I believe I'm already coming down with something. I woke up with a runny nose and a cough that hurts me. I'm such a weak human being, I can't believe I'm missing out on hanging with Grayson today. Since school ended we have kept our deal, we've hung out everyday. It hasn't been as awkward as I thought it would. Now that I think about it, that's the reason I like him, it's never awkward with him. It just feels natural.

Gray🤓⛹🏽: so when should I come over?
Me: I don't know
I'm sick, I don't want you getting sick
Gray🤓⛹🏽: don't worry I have a great immune system
Me: if you say so
Drive me to the clinic
Gray🤓⛹🏽: fine. I'll be there in like three minutes

Great Grayson just has to come over. I'm not going to feel bad if he ends up sick, at all. I hope it's just me feeling weak and not being actually sick. I change from my pajamas into sweats, so I'm more appropriate to leave the house. I doubt that I should leave the house in an old Disney shirt and matching pants. I always wear old clothes from when I was a kid or just sleep nude.
I hear Grayson pull up and I grab a couple snacks. I haven't eaten breakfast so I'm going to survive off of pop tarts." Hurry up!"
I walk groggily to his car," it's too early for this."" Gabe! It's three p.m. I think that it's late enough."" Right... Remember I'm sick so you can't yell at me," I throw a pop tart packet at him." Great that tasted good." He puts the car to drive and we begin the trek to the clinic. I noticed that he hasn't opened the pop tarts and I was almost done," are you not going to eat?"" I was thinking of eating it while I wait for you to get examined."" A. You're coming in with me. B. That's gross to eat in a waiting room full of sick people."" I wish I would've thought as ahead as you did. And you're also sick, so it's a lose, lose situation."

The trek is actually ten minutes and a parking garage. But let me tell you, going anywhere with a runny nose like me is going through hell.  I'm currently walk with my head looking up and Grayson leading me into the waiting room. I go up to the nurse behind the counter. He passes me a clipboard and a pen," Write your name and home phone number, I'll call you up when it's your turn." I do as she says and I look back at the waiting room.
Since this is a free clinic there's a lot of people here. People of all ages, sizes and ethnicities. I walk towards where Grayson snagged us seats. The room is filled with stickers of icons for children; Winnie the Pooh, Stitch, Woody and Buzz etc. It's a little bit tacky, but what would you expect from a free clinic in the San Fernando valley." So what'd they say?"" That once it's my turn they'll call me to go." What are we going to do in the meanwhile. What even is there to do." We should play chess."" Where are we going to get a board, a place to put the board and the pieces?"" We have iMessage dummy." I just had an Ethan moment." Right. Since when do you like chess?"" Since forever, my dad taught me how to play when I used to play football. It's a game all about strategy and you need to think fast. Do you like chess?"" I do enjoy chess. I had to learn forcefully, but I ended up being really good at it."" I will send the game right now."
My iPhone lights up telling me I have a game request to play chess from Grayson
" It's on by the way." I move my pawn forward two tiles.

Before I know it Grayson's check mated me. His rook captured my king before I could make my queen capture his king." Good game. Maybe I can get a kiss for winning."" No way, you kept moving your king before my queen could get you."" I got frazzled when you turned your pawn into a queen, but I just psyched you out by moving my king and you forgot I even touched my rook." The nurse comes out with his clipboard. The waiting room is near empty, I guess we payed all our attention to the game. That made the game way more fun." Gabriel Rincón, the doctor is ready to see you. Follow me." I get up to follow her, but Grayson stayed sitting." Get up! I need you just in case I'll need CPR."" I am CPR certified, might as well go." He's only certified because his child development teacher forced him to get an A in the class.
He gets up and we catch up to the nurse. The back of the hospital is way more cleaner than the waiting room." Is he a family member or spouse?"" Yeah we're kind of dating," he hugs me tight and kisses me on the cheek." That's cute. I guess it's fine." She leads us to the creepiest room in the back." Give the doctor a few moments to finish up with their patient."
She closes the door and we are left alone. I sit on the exam table, Grayson sits on the only other seat in here." So this is fun."" Hurry up and eat the pop tarts before I start vomiting everywhere."" I'm not hungry anymore."" I'm not being literal."" Alrighty then," he devours both tarts. I never have seen a human eat as fast as he just did. I doubt that it's humanly possible, this feat just made him a god.
The doctor comes in and asks the generic questions," how can I help you today? Where does it hurt?" He puts the pressure cuff on my arm and checks my breathing with the stethoscope." It seems you have the flu. But since it's summer and I doubt you want to be in home all day, so I'm going to prescribe you a really fast and strong medicine."" I can't take pills, is there a liquid form?" It's a perfectly normal thing not being able to take pills. At least it is to me." Uh yes, I'm pretty sure. Jackson get in here." The nurse from the front desk comes in and they start talking all medical. I wouldn't know since I'm clearly not a professional." Okay come anytime that you feel sick and call me if you feel weird after taking the medicine." Grayson and I walk back into the waiting room while we wait for the nurse to write my prescription." Thanks for bringing me."" Of course, I don't want you getting sick. Well more sick." We pay the forty dollars for the check up.
The nurse gives me my prescription and we walk back to Grayson's car.

He drives to the local CVS and we find where they have all the medication. Grayson hands the pharmacist the prescription and they bring it to us. He pays the ten dollars and we leave. But before we leave Grayson buys himself a packet of skittles. Of course Grayson decides to be hungry when I could very well be on the brink of death. We get back to the car," do you want me to stay with you once I drop you off or should I let you rest."" I don't want you getting sick, it depends on whatever you want."" I rather be with you."" Then you'll stay with me. Can you though? Is your curfew done with?"" Yeah, but I still have to tell my parents. They're still paranoid."" I get it. So am I."

Once home I take a shot of the medicine and change back into pajamas. Grayson brought my blankets and pillows down so we could lay down in the living room. He actually made a fort in the time I was in the bathroom. It's so cute." What's all this for?"" So we could get better in style."" But you aren't sick."" I sneezed while you were gone so I'm basically sick."" Right, well thanks for making the fort. But I'm going to take a nap." I get into the fort and cover myself with a blanket and Grayson follows. We spoon for a little bit before I fall asleep. I already feel myself getting better.