Pacify Me

I get up and see that my arm and face has a huge red mark. That was a good nights sleep. I'm starving, I should make pancakes. I start making the batter when I hear a huge bang, followed by multiple more.
I follow the noise to see Cameron's friends egging my house. Who the hell eggs houses nowadays. I open the door and start charging at them." I'm gonna beat you until you bleed!" They attempt to throw eggs at me while running away but have terrible aim. They miss me and I follow them, of course they went in the Dolan house. I knock on the door and Cameron answers.
" Cameron your little followers were egging my house."" I can't control what they do. Oh wait I can."" Just stop it's annoying and a waste of your time. I haven't even done anything to you."" Come up to my room."" I'm not comfortable with that." Who knows she could be planning to murder me." Just come," she grabs me and pulls me up.
Once in her room she opens her attic and we walk in." Is this what you wanted to show me?"" No this is," she throws a thick binder at me. On the front it says Grayson's life plan. I open it and see it basically plans out his life.
" The reason I hate you is, you're getting in the way of him doing this. I need you to back off and let him do this." The juvenile pictures of Grayson edited on a basketball player are sprawled all over the binder." I'm not stopping this and we're just friends. It's not my fault that I'm a good friend to him."" Don't be stupid. I see the way you two look at each other. And he's been missing practices for you." We have a look? I thought Grayson never had seen me in a way other than a friend." I don't make him miss practices. It's his life and his choice, not yours."" You don't think like that because it's about you," we start walking downstairs and out the front door. She shoves me to the ground and all her girls surround us." You faggot, leave my brothers life. I never want to see you near him again." They all look at her confused, even these clueless girls know not to say that word.
I start to cry and run home. Grayson starts texting and calling instantaneously. Maybe I should listen to Cameron and leave him alone. He'd probably be better off without me. The next day I'm going to ask the teacher to let me go to the library.
I catch up on my works of art in my room. God I feel like Van Gogh, sad and alone. At least I get to finish a few paintings, now that it's winter the days seem shorter. I should start a winter painting and a self portrait. I need things to fill up the void, of missing Grayson.

The next day at school I ask Ms. Danish to let me leave class." Can I go to the library, I need to finish a paper for English. It might take all period."" Okay. I'm fine with that." I'm so happy she let me leave, I can't bare ignoring him to the face. I texted Cleo that I wouldn't be there and she was fine with that.
I brought my painting supplies, surprisingly my teacher didn't see them. I set up a makeshift easel in the back so the librarian isn't bothered.

The bell is about to ring so prepare to leave, I turn around to see two guys staring at me.

" Um hi?"" Hi there

" Um hi?"" Hi there."" Yo." I walk up to them and now I see them better, they're wearing nerd costumes." My name is Kian and this is Jc." I extend my hand for a handshake but they grab it and kiss it. I take it back because I'm surprised," oh sorry what's your name?"" I'm Gabe."" I liked your painting."" Me too, well Ima go to class bye." Jc leaves me alone with Kian," so what's with the costume?"" We have drama and had to dress up for a nerd scene." The bell rings and I start leaving," bye."" Hold up, do you have kik?"
Got to go. I've been on omegle and have what they say memorized; got kik, hi 20 year old female what's your kik. Everything on there has to do with scamming and kik." No sorry."" Well here's my Instagram, superkian13." He shows me his Instagram while I'm trying to leave," I'll follow you later, bye!"
I get to class with Monique," hi. Grayson asked the teacher if he could sit in the back."" With the Juans, Tina, and Grace?" The most annoying people in class. One of the Juan's is gay so they're always hootering and hollering like a loud pack of idiots. I don't have a problem with the others, Juan just makes them look bad. I'm a bit more low key and loud in the right circumstances, school isn't the place to be loud." Did anything happen, Grayson looks bothered."" Nothing happened. Don't worry about it."" O," I swear she says that one letter all the time.
We have to watch a movie all period and write notes, but I can feel Grayson staring at the back of my head.
A half hour before the bell rings Kian comes in, he waves at me and Monique starts hitting me. He went to hand a note to my teacher and left through the back." You know Kian lawley?"
" Well I kinda just met him."
" Gabe, the librarian wants to talk to you." I grab the note from my teacher and go on my way to the library.
Kian comes up from behind me," Hey Gabe, I got you out of class."" Really? I barely know you."" No problem, let's go talk on the roof." I follow him," did you just say roof? As in the roof of the school."" Yeah, best place to talk."

After a complicated trip to the top of the boys gym we talked for a while and we parted ways. Kian had been talking to me about his life and asking about mine. He was a little more interested in Grayson but I tried to avoid that topi.
I met up with Cleo as soon as the bell rang." So I heard Kian got you out of class?"" Yeah that happened. Why?"" Oh nothing, did he take you to the roof?"" Yeah we talked for a while."" Just talked?"" Are you going to tell me about Kian or what?"" He's a senior and he loves taking younger people up there. And not talk as much, if you catch my drift."" Well we didn't do anything else, he was okay actually."
" Was Jc up there?"" No. What about him now?"" Well sometimes they choose to double team, if you know what I mean. Which is why I thought you did more than talk."" They're kind of cute. But remember I'm not some slore who throws myself at every guy I see."
We continue eating and Grayson starts walking up to us. I lean into Cleo's ear," his sister made me stay away from him. I can't ignore him or tell him off." Cleo takes Grayson away and comes back.
I look up by the gym and see Kian with Jc. They look like they're arguing, but I can't make out what they're saying so I just sit and wait for Cleo to come back.
" So what'd you say? What happened?"
" For someone who doesn't like him or want to know him you sure do care."" You know damn well I care and just tell me." Grayson isn't here anymore so she must've said something." I just said you're going through a bad time. He wanted to stay but I told him he'd make it worse."" I feel bad for him."" Just talk to him. You both obviously like each other. God he's actually sad that you don't talk to him."" I can't. I'm ruining his future."" Get over yourself. You aren't ruining shit, he's adjusting to having you in his life." She has a point." Stop listening to Cameron, she's an idiot no matter how smart she seems."" What if he hates me already?"" He can't hate you, no one can. Even if you are annoying." I attack her with a big bear hug." I'm glad I met you."" I'm not," she says with a blank face," I lied. Just kidding." I'll talk to him tomorrow, Cleo said I'm going through it, so I can't really talk to him today. I shouldn't listen to anything Cameron says since she's determined to hate me.