Christophermas

It's been a couple weeks and Christmas is coming up. Thankfully Grayson's mom helps out with Chris, so that I can go to school. Chris's mother, Lily is getting better but still can't come home. We've met and she's pretty cool.
" Time to go home to our "son", my dad let me leave practice since it's the last week of school."" It's crazy that we've had Chris for like a month. We need to start decorating for Christmas."" Let's take him shopping," Grayson says in a white girl voice.
" Are you serious? Because if you are, I don't enjoy your sarcasm."" We're going." I check my wallet and I can literally see moths fly out." Don't worry I'll buy."" You sure?"" I am sure. If we're gonna have Chris we need to have a great Christmas."" So do we get him a present now or later?"" We'll just ask him and I'll buy it later." Grayson is such a good guy, I hope he doesn't go overboard.

Grayson drives us to his house and Chris hops in the car. He's wearing his paw patrol socks, gosh he's such a snazzy dresser." So Chris you ready to get a Christmas tree?"" You mean a Christophermas tree."" What do you mean?"" My mommy says it's my holiday. It's when we put up the lights and get a Christophermas tree." That's so freaking sweet, I wish my parents were like his mom. The best my mom ever did for my Christmas's was get me the Barbie I've been begging her for like three years to get. I remember it because it was the mermaid Barbie that could swim. But she never went as far as to say I have my own holiday.

Once at the store I pick out some lights for the tree and eventually some of the house. Grayson is putting some toys in the cart, after that they leave me to wander. I'm going through the aisles browsing when I hear someone call my name." Gabbbs!" I turn to see my god brother, hell to the no Grayson better not come back. He's either going to say something to embarrass me or ruin my friendship with Grayson.
" Hey princess, I'm here. Come on princess talk to me." He comes up to me and tries to touch me." Get the hell away from me. You'll probably ruin these jeans too."" You're mad over jeans? I'll buy you some new ones. Let's go to the clearance section." He locks our arms and starts pulling me with him. I have the strength of a newborn kitten so I can't run away from him when he's sober." I'm actually here with friends so leave."" Oh don't be like that. Where are they?"" Just leave. No one wants to know you."" Christmas is coming up. I think I'll stop bye at your house."
" Don't even think of it, I'm actually having people I care about here." A target employee walks by and I mouth help me to her. I hear her talk on the walkie-talkie. I don't think she'd ignore someone that looks as scared as me. Hopefully security will escort him out and away.
I see Grayson and Christopher walk near me and make sure they don't see me with Fred, he'll probably ruin their lives too." Sir, are you okay?" I shake my head no, thank god the employee called a huge security guard." He's fine, I'm Fred. We're old pals, practically family."" Um do you know this man?"" No not at all he's been harassing me for the past ten minutes."" My friend here is funny, always joking."" Okay Fred, I'm gonna need you to step away from him." Fred throws a cart at him and starts running to the exit. He pushes me to the ground in another attempt to escape. Everyone is standing there watching him attempt to get through shelves and people. An employee ends up tackling him and a woman around her 80s helps me back up." Are you okay?"" Yeah he didn't hurt me. Thankfully."" I think those two handsome men are looking for you," the lady says pointing at Grayson and Chris.
" Thank you for the help. I think I'll go and catch up with them." I push our cart towards them." Gaby, Grayson is getting me a car, a truck, a tiger and a dragon."" That's really cool," I see all his presents in Grayson's arms. I guess he changed his mind on getting the presents later." Sorry we kinda lost you. I was looking for presents."" It's alright I was looking around too." I hope he doesn't find out about Fred. We go to the cash register and Grayson pays with a credit card. I feel bad that he's paying for all of it, it's not like we're dating. Luckily it's just a tree and lights for me, the presents are for Chris and probably his family.
" So we're spending Christmas with your family?"" Christophermas!"" I mean Christophermas."" Yeah, I want Chris to meet my little twin cousins."" Twins run in your family?"" A bit. Better than being an only child. It'd be good for Chris to play with kids." I may not be able to be pregnant but the surrogate carrying our twins will be livid. I want a huge family to make up for my small family." Right I hope Christophermas is fun at your place and not full of drama," He looks at me, while we're loading the car." If you're worried about Cameron, don't. I told my mom about what she did and assured me that Cameron is going to be watched."" Who's watching her?"" I'm watching you and my mom and dad are watching her. Just to be safe." I actually like that idea since I'm having a fortress protecting me from her." I like that plan. So let's get home and decorate."

Once home we unload the car." Wrap the presents. While I put up the lights."" You forgot the Christophermas tree!!!" Oh no we got carried away. How did we forget one of the most important things about Christmas." I'll take Chris and we'll pick out a tree. You stay and fix up the living room."" Alright. Just get me the step stool from the garage."
He leaves once he brings me it. I start hanging up the lights and putting decorations up. I remember there's a box of ornaments in the attic and getting it down would lighten the load.
Once I get up there I struggle moving the box downstairs delicately. By the time I get it downstairs there's probably a few that are broken. I open it and I'm surprised everything is in tact. I put up the lights along the walls so it's more festive.

Grayson comes back with the probably the biggest tree I've ever seen." You do know we aren't spending Christophermas here? You could've gotten a smaller tree."" It's the one Chris wanted. So I got it for him."" I like it a lot. It's perfect for Santa's presents." Aw he thinks Santa is real. How innocent and adorable." Well Grayson you do know Santa is taking the presents to your house?"" Right but I can't say no to Chris," he pulls me aside," I can't break his heart." I nod but he probably could've compromised with the boy." Let's get this tree decorated, I wrapped all the presets and took a picture of the boxes. Just so you know what names to put on them."
" Thanks, pass me your phone." I unlock it and give it to him. Chris and I start decorating the bottom half of the tree." Gaby? Where's the marker?"" There's a drawer in the kitchen with random things. There has to be a marker in there." After a while of looking he comes back with a pen. We finished the bottom but we need Grayson to get a ladder. Grayson finishes putting the names and grabs the ladder from the garage." So do I hold the ladder or decorate?"" I'll decorate, you hold it and then at the end Chris puts the topper on."" Sounds good." We put in a team effort and make it beautiful. Grayson got the brightest and colorful lights so it's perfect." You guys forgot the star," Chris holds up the star from inside the box." Grayson you help him up." I can barely hold my binder without getting tired. He holds him up while on the ladder," I have an idea. Stay there!" I jump to my phone on the other side of the couch. I take a burst of them and find the best looking one." I want to see it." I show it to Grayson and make sure Chris can see." I look like a daddy."
" Shut up Chris is here." He gets off the ladder and sets Chris on the floor. I jab him in the stomach." What? He didn't hear it."" I know but he's innocent. You can't be saying daddy around him like that."" Is it really that cringe?"" A bit. I think we should take Chris to visit his mom today."" Right, since she doesn't want him there for Christmas."
He drives us to the hospital and we leave Chris to visit his mom alone. His mom thinks it's best  he stays with us than in a hospital. It's pretty selfless but I still think they should be together.