Pride 2017

It's June tenth, Grayson is making me hold up my promise and take him to Pride. I'm not really worried about anything, except people showing up to be hateful. I've encountered some hateful people in the past, but nothing surpasses the hate that someone holds for a whole community or even themselves.
I used to go every year to Pride in Vegas. I doubt that LA would be any different. Grayson is just going to be overwhelmed with everything going. I once saw a drag queen wearing a McDonald's bag as a dress. It was quite a sight, but they turned that paper bag into fashion gold.
I'm currently in bed wondering what I'll be wearing today. Should I break gender roles and wear a cute sun dress? Keep it simple and wear something pedestrian? Be a glamazon goddess? Cleo is going to come over to answer all those questions. Good thing she, Monique and Cameron decided to come along. Grayson and I would probably get lost without them. I would also look like a hot mess if Cleo doesn't dress me, Cameron could get us drinks and Monique just brings the happiness for the group. I wonder if any big names are going to Pride also. The closest we had to big names was Derrick barry and Kimora blac. Las Vegas isn't really known for big personalities, let alone big names.

Cleo and Monique rush into my house and they look like goddesses. Cleo is wearing a little bohemian rock moment and Monique is wearing a kawaii little number." Hey gutterbutt."" What's up Cleo. Nice nickname for me."" Hey Gabe, my look is inspired by my two favorite drag queens, Kim chi and Trixie Mattel." I look her up and down," hey Monique and I couldn't notice from all the pink and anime trinkets." The extreme makeup doesn't tell me she likes either." Can you guys pick out an outfit for me?"" Sure, what do you want?"" I don't know, I was hoping you could pick it out for me."" Oh I'm fine with that. I'll be back in a couple seconds with your outfit." Cleo sprints upstairs, I always forget how much she loves fashion." I'll do your makeup. I'm thinking of going to a cosmetology school once I graduate here."" You switch your major everyday and you barely wear makeup."" No hunny, ever hour. And my makeup right now is not subtle."" No hunny, every second."" True. Do you want lipstick?"" I don't think I'm ready to commit to lipstick. How about eyes and nails?"" Lipstick is a huge commitment, and we could skip foundation because your skin is amazing."" Okay let's get to work."
My skin wasn't always flawless. I remember back in Las Vegas always trying everything to get rid of my acne. Aloe Vera, toothpaste, proactive, and any concoction my grandmother made me. None of it worked, I'd sleep early, I'd change my diet, I was slightly germaphobic. But one day out of the blue it cleared up, like magic. I remember being so happy because even though no one made fun of me, I could always feel them looking at a pimple and not me. I'm almost as pale as Kristen Stewart so redness was a huge problem.
" Done," Monique passes me a mirror. I look and I have rainbow glitter, it looks like I'm crying rainbow glitter. My nails are an ombré rainbow and Cleo just came downstairs with my outfit." I thought you said it would only be a couple seconds?"" It was."" It probably felt longer because I was glamming you up. And I forgot the highlight."" Let me do it, it's the most important part of a look." Cleo grabs the weird shaped brush from Monique's hand. She dips it into the powder and swipes it on my cheeks and nose." Perfect." I don't really get the hype of highlight, but Cleo is all about it. I look at the outfit; a shirt with a rainbow flag, black shorts and my red converse. It's cute, it's simple, it goes with Pride and it looks comfortable. I can't believe I didn't see that in my closet.
As I'm changing they turn around," so Cameron booked us a hotel, so we don't have to drive back."" Is that really needed?"" I'm not driving y'all back and I doubt Grayson will want to leave."" Right because anytime Grayson is with you he forgets everything else."" That is a lie."" Oh really? Last day of school he spent all lunch looking at you and forgot to eat," Cleo tells me." Y'all are gross. Remember when you needed to pass your math final and you guys stayed up all night studying."" I still didn't pass the final. Okay I get it. He just enjoys spending time with me, is there anything wrong with that?"" No just y'all need to get together." God Monique is so cringeworthy when she says "y'all", she's literally obsessed with becoming Korean, yet she continues saying southern slang." But when are you two going to get into a relationship?"" When are you going to tell me what happened to Matt?" Cleo and Matt were so in love. Cleo was literally head over heels in love with him, and he was starting to really like her. Ever since the New Years party they've never been with each other. This guy met her mother and it seems like they aren't together anymore." I decided that Matthew and I needed some time apart."" Is that the reason? You two were cuter than my bias Yoonmin."" Well that's it." Cleo crosses her arms and shrugs. I guess this isn't the time to make her unhappy.