Episode 1: The Journey Begins

Young Dureece sat in his private jet gazing out the window. He had just stopped at Hawaii, and was heading to Japan. Dureece looked upon the white clouds and calm blue ocean, thinking on how he got here. Just a few weeks ago he was living in the streets of Seattle, Washington. Now he's living the dream as the richest kid in the world. He looked back and thought about how it all started.

     Dureece use to be a hot-tempered and careless teenager who didn't have a penny in his pocket

     Dureece use to be a hot-tempered and careless teenager who didn't have a penny in his pocket. He would frequently get caught by police for stealing and street fighting. Dureece was very intelligent; he was a straight "A" student who graduated early at the age of fifteen. But ever since his parents' death in an airplane accident when he was ten years old,  he felt empty. He lead a reckless life with no true goal, but his grandfather always watched over him and brought as much aid and support as he could, even when Dureece never asks.

     His grandfather would bail him out of juvenile prison, help him in his studies, and patiently gave him advice when Dureece would listen. Although he knew fairly little about his grandfather, he began to love him over the years.

     One day after finally turning in a new leaf and helping the police and FBI round-up a notorious drug dealing gang, he suddenly received news that his grandfather had gotten serious ill. Dureece remembers sitting at his grandfather's bedside for days as his health slowly faded. His grandfather then told him the secrets about his life.

     "I was once the world's greatest warrior," he said laughing. "They called me the soul dragon, now look at me..." There was a slight pause then his grandfather continued his story. "When I was about your age, I traveled around the world learning many different fighting styles. I gained friends, wisdom, knowledge, riches, and later met your grandmother." Dureece then asked, "What does this have to do with me grandpa?" His grandfather smiled and said to Dureece, "I'm old grandson, my time of passing is near. Soon you will be the last surviving member of our family, and with it come a great responsibility and great power."

     Dureece was still puzzled, so he asked, "Grandpa, what are you saying?" "Our family is part of something grand and as secret Area 51. Your father and mother were a big part of this, but both murdered." Dureece's blood turned cold, "Murdered?"

     "Yes... The plane was plane was hijacked. We still do not know the source of who did it. You will inherit this secret, and great worth that comes with it. You'll become a target to whomever killed your parents and the rest of the family..."

     Dureece's grandfather coughed violently before he was able to continue. "Dureece you must promise me... promise me... you will continue my... legacy..."

     "What legacy? Inherit what secret?"

     "You will soon... discover... what..."

     "Grandpa stay with me!"

     The strong grip his grandfather once had faded from Dureece's palm as he finally rested. He felt a sharp pain of sadness come up like he never he before. Reality finally struck him, as if a vail was removed from his eyes.

 Reality finally struck him, as if a vail was removed from his eyes

     Life changed forever after that moment. Dureece was the last surviving member of his family; no brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, grandparents, cousins, or second cousins. Only friends, co-workers, and students came to the funeral. Some other people came, but Dureece didn't recognize them. The day of the funeral was cloudy, and windy, and a bit foggy, but it didn't rain till later that day. Soon after, his grandfather's lawyers made arrangements for Dureece in his inheritance of the 3 mansions in Seattle, Jamaica, and Location-X; the 76.9 billion dollars from his grandfather, plus 94.2 billion from his parents, and 107.8 billion from the other family members, and a few other things. Dureece had to say some type of oath like a president though he didn't understand why. As a fifteen year old, Dureece, with the accumulated savings of all the missing family members become the richest boy in the entire world.

     Not long after the funeral, and one by one the guest said their goodbyes while leaving the mansion, one of the guest approached Dureece. It was a woman who looked to be in her late 20s; she seemed to be Asian in nationality, with raven hair and blue highlights on some parts. She was carrying a large white box with a red and blue ying-yang symbol on the top. "Are you Dureece? Master Yen's grandson?" she asked. Now Dureece knew his grandfather's name was Yenson, but had no idea as to why this woman called him 'Master Yen'. Dureece answered, "Yes I am he." The woman gave Dureece the box and said to him, "He told me to give this to you after his death." After that she began to walk away. "Wait a minute," Dureece said. "Who exactly are you? Where do I find you?" The turned to Dureece and answered, "My name is Jasmine Shadows, and we will meet again soon." She then grabbed her umbrella walked out the doors to the mansion.

     By the time the woman named Jasmine Shadows left, the finally rain poured, thunder roared, and the mansion laid empty. Dureece made his way to the living room where he sat down and began to open the box. Inside was a note, and it read:

My grandson Dureece,

     For years I aided you as you made your way in the world. Now I ask that you follow in my footsteps. Tour the world, find some real friends, beware of dangers, and learn what I have learned. Great surprises and danger await you on your journey, but I'm sure you'll pull through. Remember to never cave in or give up, and always believe in yourself. May peace be the journey...

Sincerely Yours,

Grandpa Yenson

     Dureece looked in the box again and found in it: a passport, a world map, a diary from his grandfather, another empty journal for Dureece to use, a beautiful white Mandarin collar and Chinese frog buttoned uniform, some onyx pants with golden strips on both sides, a pair of red combat gloves, a pair of scarlet converse, and a strange headband. The headband itself was silver with a navy blue stripe going around it. At its center was the same symbol that was on the box; it seemed to be made of steel, ruby and sapphire gems; it stuck out the most of the headband.

     Dureece looked at the headband for a little while, then sighed...

     Within a week Dureece was on his private jet on a journey to follow his grandfather's path

     Within a week Dureece was on his private jet on a journey to follow his grandfather's path. He felt different, clear minded, wiser. He had no idea of what awaited him, but the journey will be fascinating. He was now on an adventure to gain wisdom, learn new forms of combat, and uncover the secret power his grandfather was talking about. First stop Japan!