Tumawa nalang kami ni Klaud, Pero nakakahalata na ako kay Fred. But, We let it slide nalang. And so, the deal was on.
They were teasing me as we reached the Dean's office.

I knocked on my door and greeted the clinical instructors and the staff.
The staff leaded me kay Lola.

"Ezra" She smiled as though it lit up the room and my mood, My lola makes everything better, Mas close kasi ako sa kanya kesa sa parents ko.

"La" Sabi ko. Nag bless ako and she kissed my cheek.

"Take a seat apo" Sabi nya.

So I did, I have to admit i felt a bit nervous. For the first time, the blinds were shut and the aura felt dark.

The smile on my Lola's face dissapeared and it was replaced with dissapointment.

"Galing dito dad mo kanina" Sabi nya. My heart pounded and it feels like it wants to escape my chest. What is he doing here?

"Bakit daw po?" I asked.

"He wanted to see how you're doing here in school" She said.

"Tsk" Sabi ko, I know it's disrespectful pero di ko talaga mapigilan.

"He's still your father" Sabi nya.

"If he wants to see how I'm doing, Bakit di nya ako kamustahin mismo?" Sabi ko.

"Ezra...We talked earlier and of course, Hindi ako pwede mag sinungaling. It's his right as your father. You are excellent in class pero, Hindi ka pumapasok sa minor subjects mo that's why you're in jeopardy. Considering that you had to retake your English 3" Sabi nya.

I stayed quiet about it, It's true. I believe that minor subjects are a waste of my time.

"He asked me to tell you that... One more strike and he will not allow you to take Nursing anymore" Sabi nya.

Pagkarinig ko dun, Nag highten ang senses ko at nag clench into fists ang mga kamay ko na nakapatong sa hita ko. No way...

"Po?" Sabi ko.

"Remember?" Sabi nya, Tumayo sya at binuksan ang blinds, flashing lights into my eyes. Nakatalikod sya saakin. "First strike, When you were still enrolled in the College of business and accountacy and hindi ka pumapasok, causing you to drop out"

Yes, I remember those days. I can't blame myself , I was forced to study something I didn't want all because of my father's logic that I can't be a doctor forever. But, If I'm a good business man,  I'll die a good businessman with my own money working for me.

"Strike two, You enrolled yourself in Nursing school without your dad knowing. But, he let that one slide, Hindi mo pinapasukan ang minor subjects mo and you failed your English 3. One last strike, He won't allow you to continue to study Medicine and you will study business in the states" Sabi nya. She finally sat down and I was lost at words, It was silent for a while at magkatinginan lang kami, Never have I ever seen my Lola this serious, I know she's worried and she knows how badly I want to become a doctor. 

"Get your priorities straight" Dagdag nya.

-

I left the office with a heavy heart, I can atleast make my Lola proud. Sya lang naman ang natitirang tao na may tiwala sa mga kakayanan ko.

"Here's your 1000" Sabi ko sabay abot kay Fred.

"I was just kidding dude" He refused, and so binulsa ko nalang ulit.