Chapter 5

Those fucking puppy dog eyes get my every time.He knew me so well.

"Your friend seemed to like my accent."He says.

"Yeah."I reply,shortly.

"You are going to actually talk with me,right?"He says,"or am I gonna have to to bother you all night.I don't have anything planned tonight,if you are wondering."

"I'm not."I tell him.He rolls his eyes."Why are you trying so hard?"

"Why are you?"He replies.

"What?"

"Oh c'mon,Eleanora."He says."Look me straight in the eye and tell me this isn't hard on you."He steps a bit closer towards me."Staying away,"His face is was a inches from mine."when I'm so close."I was about to lean in,but he can't win.

"This isn't hard."I tell him.He shakes his smiling.

"Then why are you so fidgety?"He asks.

"I am scared."I tell him."I'm scared of you and what you'll do to me.I can't risk being stabbed by you."

"I would never."He replies.

"I am scared of loving you,Nik."I tell him."You make it so hard for me to be able to trust you.You've changed so much and it scares me."

"You've changed too,Eleanora!"He yells."I'm not the only one to blame.You are the one who ran!"I was crying,hard."You act like I left you,but that was you!Eleanora,you left me!Ever think of how I felt without you!?!?!"His eyes fill up with tears.I just wants to hug him and comfort him.But this needed to happen."I was alone.I know the whole immortal thing has been hard."

"I know you wanted kids,Eleanora."He says."I did too.I know it's my fault that was stripped away from you.I know I've haven't been the best to you,trust me,I know.It haunts me everyday."I feel like I should forgive him,but this is all so confusing.And the tears just didn't stop.

"Nik,I died out there without you and I missed you more than anyone."I tell him."All those other guys were distraction,no one can make me feel the way you make me feel.I know you hurt too and I know you aren't cold-hearted and that you are the most caring person I have ever met under that Big Bad Wolf act.I know you still blame yourself and I know it was hard on you too when all this happened."I put my hand on his cheek,gently."I waited for you to come find me or leave me some kind of hint on where you were.I thought that you knew me well enough to know where to find me and in the end that is what broke me."

His face was wet with tears.He put his hand on mine,which was on his face."I waited for years and years with hope that my love would come and get me.But this isn't the 10th century any more.We aren't human,we aren't alive.We have changed and the bad part is that I am still holding on to the past.I remember the past like it was yesterday and I would do any thing to have that boy I knew so long ago back outside my house in the pouring rain,refusing to come down.Or the boy who asked me to marry him while he was all the way up the tallest tree in the village.But that is the past."They tears came from my eyes as I look to left where the tree once stood.."I will always love you,Nik,but you gotta give me some time."

"Haven't I waited long enough?"He asks.He sounded so vulnerable and it made the tears come faster."I love you,always,Eleanora.Nothing can change that."

That took me back to the day he asked.The day he climbed the tree.

"Niklaus!"I yell as I ran through the forest.I could hear the 24-year-old boy laughing.I was only 21 at the time,same age as my best friend,Kol.

My dress was all dirty from running around with Nik for the past few hours."Eleanora!"I hear him yell for me.His voice was so smooth and it made my heart pound.He always made me smile.

"Where are you,Nik?"I shout out.I pull my dress up a boy so I could run better.Running hurt,though.My side was still hurting from the fullmoon when the wolves come out.I didn't make it to the shelter,which was an underground cave.I had gotten attack and Niklaus' brother Finn came back for me.Found me on the ground bleeding to death.I would of died if Finn hadn't came at the time.

I groan."Nik!"I scream.

"Look up, my love."I felt the blood rush to my cheek as he called me that and I looked up to see my sweet idiot all the way up in the tree."You should climb up."

"I can't!"I tell him."My wound is still hurting and I don't want to tear the doctor's stitching."

He sighs."It is beautiful up here."He informs me."Almost as beautiful as you."I smile at him.

"You are too kind,Niklaus."I reply.

"I only speak the truth,Eleanora."He says.

"It's gonna get dark soon."I tell him.

"I want to be with you till I die,Eleanora."He says,"And even after that,I still want to be with you."

"Nik,I want the same."I yell up to him.

"Then marry me."He says."I already ask for permission from our parents.It all depends on you."I smile.

"Come down here and I'll answer you."I tell him.He climbs to a certain point before jumping down.He put his hands on my waist.

"Your answer,my love."He reminds me,smiling.

"Yes."I tell him before planting my lips upon his own.

"I love you,Eleanora.Always.Nothing can change that."

"I have to go!"I tell him,shaking the memories away."I am truly sorry."And I ran,and ran,and ran until I got to the river.I sat in the rocks,looking at the water and the way the stars reflected off of it.

I cried,no caring who heard.It was all too much.I missed him.I missed everything.I hated being immortal and no way of be killed for good.I just want to be mortal again.I want to have kids of my own and grow old.I just want my old life back.

"You've always loved this place."A unforgettable voice says.He was the one for timing.Just when I think it's hopeless and I given up,he always find his way to me.

I get up quickly and turn towards him.

"Now,there is someone I haven't seen in a while."He says.

"Kol,"I cry.

"Don't worry,El."He assures me."I'm here."That's all it took.I was in his arms and he hugged me tightly.

"I've missed you,Kol."I tell him."You have no idea how much I've needed you."

"Well,I'm here now."He tells me,"Just like I always have."He kisses my forehead and we lay down in the rocks.

I told him everything that had happened since I last saw him and we talked all night.Like we did when we were teenagers.He cheered me up and I laughed and I cried some more.

Most importantly,I had my best friend back and we were in our favourite place.Once again,I had hope again and maybe I could give this whole thing one more try.