"Mama" She whined pouting.

Mama came and sat on the bed next to Aysha "My baby is all grown up" mama said with a sad smile "and now I'm sending her to her new house. I hope you'll keep all my teachings in mind and that of the prophet's. Always be patient at all times and never let a third person into your personal matters. And please promise me you're going to forget the circumstances in which you got married, and please learn to live with him as your husband. Promise?"

"I'll try" she said quietly after a long silence.

"That's like my girl" she said patting her head "let me call the mai gyaran jiki" she exited.

When the mai gyaran jiki came, she rubbed an oily perfume on her entire body and she was thankful that will be the last time they'll be having this kinda session. She used to love having this kind of body treatment, but she started detesting it when she was doing the bridal package. It's like a person doesn't have privacy anymore.

She wore a simple tailored ankara and then she used a big veil to cover her entire body - face included. She sat on the loveseat in her room as the guests kept trooping in, to see the bride and offer their congratulations, and she bowed her head muttering small ameens as they prayed for them.

The sound of local drums and calabash were heard from outside, and she sat on her bed. She heard the sound of cars entering their residence and the drums were a little bit louder as if to signify the arrival of some important people.

"The groom and his friends are here" her cousin, Fatiti came in squealing.

"Really?" Asma'u said.

"Wallahi he looks so handsome, God, MashAllah"

"He's here? For what?" She asked, she still wasn't ready to meet him.

"Iyyeh, irin you can't wait to meet him" they teased her.

"Anyway, they came to greet the elders, but calm your racing heart you'll meet him after they're done" Hadiza nudged her shoulder while wiggling her eyebrows.

"I don't remember saying anything on wanting to meet him" she muttered rolling her eyes.

"Oh shush, sister in-law your face says it all"

"Wallahi if you don't stop calling me that" Aysha warned starting to get annoyed with her continuous use of the word.

Hadiza laughed throwing her head back. She drew the veil back, away from her face before unlocking her phone seeing countless messages and other notification. She went on Snapchat, because she wanted to see what was going on downstairs and she knew some of her cousins will be posting videos from down there.

She saw a video of the groom and his friends squatting to greet some of her relatives, she couldn't see his face just a back view. She even saw a video of them in the mosque when the knot was being tied.

All the ladies in the room were busy conversing about only-god-knows-what while her mind was a thousand miles away.

"Baby sister" Hafsat squealed banging into the room.

"MashAllah, my baby is now a married woman" Hafsat said dramatically, even going to the extent of warding off evil eyes, Indian style.

"You really should stop being obsessed with everything Bollywood" Aysha teased, shaking her head.

"Its not my fault, their romance scenes are lit"

"Well no denying there" she too agreed.

"Don't mind her, she's happy she now has someone to reenact all those romance scenes with" Hadiza teased.