"My name's Hedwig and I have red socks!" He broke the silence smiling widely. You kept being quiet, didn't dare to say anything. The guy though, he continued with a smirk "It'll come for you~"

You swallowed "W-What?" Squeezing your fingers in a fist, you felt that the nerves started to overtake you.

The guy hearing your question chuckled "It'll come for you, and you WON'T be happy because of it~"

"Who are you talking about?" Your voice became shaky, but you needed the answers, and maybe you could get them now. However, your partner didn't seem to want to give them to you. He just shrugged in joy but avoided to give you the answer. You bit your lower lip, thinking how could you ask him to get an actual answer in exchange. "Can you tell me how that.. man or something looks like? What is it exactly that will come soon?"

"Oh nonono, I can't tell you that, Mr. Dennis has forbidden me to do so." he laughed nervously "I uhm.. actually shouldn't even be using the Light right now."

His statement strengthened the suspect that you'd felt before. "Hedwig, how old are you exactly?"

Hearing the question, he proudly straightened and exclaimed "Nine!"

"Did you bring me here?" You asked sheepishly after a short break.

"What? Pffff of course not!"

"Weren't you that.. woman who I talked with before?"

"Can't you see?" He made a grimace then looked onto his yellow tracksuit in confusion. "I thought it's obvious.. b-but that's not important! Mr. Dennis will be angry if he finds me here, I have to go!" He quickly stood up, and wanted to leave the room.

You had to interrupt him somehow.

"Wait!" You exclaimed as you hoped, he stopped leaving and turned back to you with curiosity. Now think! You had to make up something that you can get his help with. As much as you hated to admit, you relied on this.. kid, he seemed to be a big help in your escape. "Uhm.. hey Hedwig. I know a secret, wanna hear it? Because I can whisper it to you. You know, even the wall has ears, so we have to be careful." You tried to act as normal as you could, forcing out a calm smile.

"Uuuuuh okaay~" he said grinning, and he slowly crouched closer to you.  As the distance disappeared, your stomach twisted. You had to be as believable as you could.

"The others said, that it'll come for you too." You whispered slowly.

His eyes widened in confusion and fear. "N-no that can't be true! Mr. Dennis chose you because you looked like perfect for his plan."

You had to keep your calm and continue this. Finally, you got somewhere. "But I heard them saying this. You know, when you're not here, that woman and Mr. Dennis are talking about this. That they need a kid now."

"N-no Ms. Patricia is not even angry at me anymore." He was looking down at the floor, and as he was thinking hard about what you said, tears started gathering in his eyes. You managed to him cry. "S-She also reads stories for me at night and all.."

"I think Ms. Patricia is still a bit angry at you."

He was totally shocked because of what you said. Tears flew down on his cheeks, while he was looking away in disbelief. One part of you was happy that you managed to make him believe you, but the other... felt bad. You practically took him in, you utilized a kid. This felt awful, but you had to continue it. You had to earn his trust.

"Look Hedwig. I'm here because Mr. Dennis wants me to be your babysitter. And I'm gonna be with you, but I have to get out of here first. And you could make me the way out."

He looked away like he realized something. You had a bad feeling, maybe you went too far.
"No, I can't do that!" He turned towards you quickly  "It took so long for Mr. Dennis to built this in secret. I can't let you out of here! I-I have to go and blow my nose!"  He quickly stood up and rushed to the steel door ignoring you. With a big noise, he shut it, leaving you alone.

Shit.

You messed it up.

You desperately collapsed to the floor, staring blankly at it. You had to process the fact that he could have helped you, but no you just HAD to go too far... You embraced your knees while the tears started gathering in your eyes, but you forced to keep them back. You can't give up this easily. Maybe.. maybe he'll come back. Maybe you can still earn his trust later. And even if it sounds terrible.. you could still use him to get out.

You leaned onto your knees with a desperate sigh. Hedwig's voice was ringing in your head as he said: "It'll come for you" You definitely didn't want to know what he meant by it. But seeing his reaction when you lied to him about it... that "thing"..  it must have been really bad.

Really, really bad.

//Hey guys! I've got some super nice comments to my previous chapter, thank you!☆ I'm so happy that I could give you some nice minutes with my fanfic. I have some ideas, I only need to somehow add them into the story!~☆//