Imagine Breaking Up

Shock would not even begin to describe the feeling that had the (YN) standing stock still inside Jack Wilder's bedroom. Moments before you had been harmlessly snooping around your best friend's shared apartment.

Jack and (YN) had come together at last. Fate had played its cruel game, forcing them to meet over and over again. Till finally, Jack had enough. He buckled and threw in the towel.

Jack had invited her over for a "visit".

Visit here meaning a date.

Yet if one asked either individual if it were truly a "date" they would deny it to their grave.

Jack had left to go get food whilst Merritt slept on the couch, Daniel disappeared (hid) in his room and Henley watched crappy sitcoms. Vera had snuck off to explore the house. After finding the bathroom, closet and different bedrooms she had discovered Jack's.

It hadn't been difficult to figure out who's room was who's.

Daniel's had four different locks and a thumb scanner, Merritt's reeked of moldy socks and fermenting pizza, Henley's looked as though a baby unicorn exploded in a Victoria's Secret which explained why perfume rose like a cloud from the carpet.

No, Jack's room had been simple to find. It was orderly to a point. The bed was messily made and there was a half eaten sandwich on the bedside table. By there was also a pristine deck of cards on the bed along with a few stuck a good two centimeters into the plaster of the wall.

(YN) had carefully glanced around before finding a white paper with her name on it.

The paper had been lying, untouched, on the bedspread beside the cards.

You had snatched it up and peered at it.

What you saw had made you freeze. Your blood ran cold, her eyes widened and her fingers shook.

For at the top of the letter, in bold writing, was the title.

How to get rid of (YN) (LN)

Your eyes skimmed the letter and you fought the urge to tear the page to shreds.

-Interrupt her every sentence till she gets fed up

-Copy all her tricks and give them to someone else to do

-Tell her she's no one. That every trick she does I can do four times faster and more effectively

-Make sure the cops catch her at the next show

-Hide all her cards and keys

The edges of the paper crinkled as you balled your fists. The paper ripped in places when your fingers dug into it.

"I'M BACK!" Yelled Jack from down the hall.

(YN)'s head shot up and your blood boiled at the sound of the man's voice.

(YN) stuck the paper in your pocket and stalked out of his room. After carefully shutting the door, you made your way into the he living room.

Merritt perked up at the smell of food and Henley tore her gaze away from her newest telenova to look at Jack.

The young man was grinning widely as he passed out the pizzas. His brown eyes practically glowed when they landed on you and he smiled so wide his dimples showed.

"Hungry?" He smiled holding up a slice of pepperoni.

Your favorite kind.

(YN) swallowed as you stared down the man in front of you.