The End

It had been two weeks since Amber had seen The Horsemen.

Apparently their last show had been the night she had resigned from the FBI. She didn't visit the show to see them. She couldn't bring herself to go.

For one, she wouldn't get to say goodbye. To add to that, not all of them would be there. Jack would've had to pretend to still be dead.

If she were to say goodbye, it would be to all of them and face to face.

And finally, the thought of saying goodbye to Daniel broke her heart. She had never been good with goodbyes. This would be too hard and would kill her.

So she didn't go.

She stayed in her apartment, drowning herself in Doctor Who with a tub of vanilla ice cream.

Four weeks later, she awoke on a fine but dreary day and decided her pity party as over. This whiny, pathetic, lonesome part of her needed to die.

So she got up, she took a shower (which did wonders in and of itself), wore clean clothes (instead of her sleeveless Harry Potter shirt and leggings), did laundry and cleaned the flat.

With this new purpose, she got through the morning and afternoon. Checklist of chores in hand, she defeated her foe, laziness, for a good amount of time.

But by five, she was bored.

Instagram could only last so long, before the pictures became repetitive and dull. None of her authors were updating on Wattpad or Quotev. She tried to draw but after three scrapped attempts to make a tree, she gave up.

She decided she needed a drink.

Yeah a drink would be great.

She was halfway down the hall, heading towards her bedroom to find a nice outfit and pondering on whether or not makeup was a good idea, when her doorbell rang.

Her foot paused in mid step.

Which resulted in her tripping and nearly falling on her face.

Brushing herself off, she stood back up, peering at her door.

No one ever visited her. EVER. She had no friends, no relatives, no one living close by,

Just when she had dismissed the sound to be a figment of her imagination, something whizzed by her head at breakneck speed.

She gasped as it impaled itself into the wall on her left with a crack.

Leaning in, she saw that it was a quivering Jack of Hearts.

Her jaw dropped as she slowly turned around to see a smug Jack Wilder leaning on the edge of the wall, his arms crossed over his leather jacket.

He raised an eyebrow, smirking.

"What? Didn't you ever hear me say, 'nothing's ever locked'?"

Henley appeared from behind him and smiled apologetically over his shoulder.

"Merritt, may be raiding your fridge," she said wincing slightly.

"How can you throw me under the bus like that, Henley?" Merritt interrupted as he walked from out behind Jack. "I was waiting here to say hello to our host." He pulled Amber into a hug and talked over her shoulder. "Honestly people, what do you take me for?"

Jack opened his mouth to say but Henley quickly covered it with her hand.

"You really don't want to know," she said to Merritt.

Merritt pulled away from Amber and rolled his eyes skyward, fully prepared to launch into a speech when, thankfully, Jack intervened.

"You don't mind if we crash here do you?" Jack asked nonchalantly as he scratched the top of his head. "I mean we are fugitives."