Chapter 8

AN-
Heheheheh this may be my fav chapter so far.....

"Get the FBI here now," Rhodes hissed into his radio as people began leaping to their feet screaming about how their bank accounts just went up.

Arthur Tressler was shocked but furious. He tried to run at The Horsemen but a handcuffed ankle stopped him short.

"This is all a trick?" He asked as his eye twitched nervously, "An elaborate ruse?"

"Oh yeah," Henley said, non to reassuringly, "A trick we just happen to be playing on live television."

Arthur Tressler's wizened face, turned white with fury. He began screaming obscenities and volleys of threats at them before his mic was thankfully turned off.

"We have to get down there," Dylan said over the crowd to Amber, "Move!"

Amber pushed her way out of her row and raced towards the stairs on the sides of the auditorium. She was immensely grateful that she wore flats. Her short black dress was supple and easy to move in as she raced down the stairs.

"YOU HAVE ALL LOST SOMETHING!" Jack yelled to the ecstatic audience.

"HOMES, LOVED ONES, IDENTITIES," Merritt added.

"BUT ALL OF YOU HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON!" Daniel continued.

"TRESSLER INSURANCE!" Henley yelled angrily, "THEY HAVE BEEN SCAMMING PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY FOR YEARS!"

"SO WE THOUGHT WE'D END OUR SHOW TONIGHT BY GIVING SOMETHING BACK!" Daniel called to the wild audience.

"THANK YOU NEW ORLEANS!" The Horsemen yelled together as they clasped hands, side by side.

"WE ARE THE FOUR HORSEMEN!"

With that, the lights went wild and streamers fell from the ceiling. Dylan and Amber shoved their way towards the stage through the crazed crowd.

Arthur Tressler stood irate from his spot where he was handcuffed by his left leg to the stage.

"FREEZE!" screamed Rhodes at The Horsemen.

Amber's eyes widened in realization and she sprinted away from her partner.

Twenty hypnotized people, thinking Dylan was a football quarterback, tackled him to the stage. The Horsemen laughed as the ropes they were tethered to, took them away.

Amber shoved her way outside and began studying the exits.

The Horsemen were smart. They'd split up to throw everyone off. If she could find one of them she could trace him or her back to their meet up area.

The FBI were going to be crawling the area soon. She knew it. They had been tracking The Horsemen through the trackers that Daniel had put on his crew. It really helped when the person she was trying to catch was a Control Freak.

A flash of brown caught Amber's eye and she shot off in pursuit.

"STOP!" She roared at the retreating back.

A leather coated, Jack Wilder glanced over his shoulder at her and groaned.

"Aww man, Amber I liked you!" He called back as he rounded a corner.

She followed him down an alley and stopped. Blackness surrounded her, perfect cover for a jump scare.

"TRY TO KEEP UP!" A young voice called cheerily from overhead.

Amber glanced up and turned on her phone flashlight just in time to see Jack wall jumping up the sides of the alley and onto the roof.

"Yeah, not doing that," she muttered peering out of the alley.