Imagine Meeting Jack Wilder

Three months. It had been three incredibly hard and long months since the death of the youngest Horsemen.

You had heard it on the news and had felt your heart stop.

Not because you loved the devil but because you had seen him the day before his death. He had acted strange and out of sorts so you had been suspicious. Now you understood why.

You had been in Central Park getting one of your largest crowds yet. Your card tricks were swift and incredible, this was without a doubt your best show yet.

After magically turning every card in your deck in an ace then back into a normal deck, your eyes had scanned the crowd looking for your next victim.

You found a smallish man wearing a leather jacket and grey hoodie that kept his face in shadow.

"Hey buddy!" You called pointing at the man with a gloved hand, "Wanna help a girl out?"

The guy tilted his head to the side before nodding silently. The crowd parted for him as he walked up and stood before you. 

You studied him and noticed his sparkling blue eyes. They seemed familiar but-

You grinned at him, dispelling your thoughts, and held up the deck of cards.

"Pick a card, any card!"

The man seemed to think for a bit before selecting one and pulling it from the deck.

"Aaaand put it back," You said looking away so not to see where he out the card.

You felt movement in your deck and slid the cards neatly into a pile.

"Excellent, excellent," you said slowly as you looked out into the crowd.

"WHO THINKS I CAN FIND THIS BLOKE'S CARD?"

The crowd erupted into shouts and screams, both positive and negative.

"What was that?" You grinned as you cupped your ear with a gloved hand.

The crowd screamed louder and you smirked out at them.

"Ahhhh this is too easy, too easy," you grinned as you looked at the cards.

"This is your card!" You said with mock confidence as you held up a nine of spades.

The man slowly shook his head.

Small shocked whispers escaped the audience as they watched you pull another card from the deck.

"This one?" You asked pretending to be slightly ruffled.

Again the man shook his head.

The crowd's murmurs grew louder.

You took at deep breath and pulled out three cards.

"This one? No-this one! No...WAIT I GOT IT! THIS ONE!"

Upon seeing each card, the man shook his head.

The crowd was now getting very ruffled and was beginning to jeer at the magician.

"UGH!" You shouted angrily, "FINE! I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR CARD IS!"

And with that you threw all the cards into the air in frustration. A small gasp escaped the crowd as the cards fluttered to the ground and erupted into sparks. Flames rose from the discarded cards then vanished just as soon as they had come.

The crowd watched in shock as you walked around the space were the cards had vanished. A small bubble of panic rose within your when you couldn't find the card. The card, mind you. The one your volunteer had picked. It was supposed to have been the only card remaining since it was the only real card in the deck. All the rest were made of flash paper. That way it would be the only card NOT to go up in flames.