13. Big news.

POV Jaemin.

I was nervous as hell, our performance was in a few minutes. "Jaemin, calm down." Sungjin interrupted my pacing.

"You'll do great." Yuminah asssured me. I slowly started moving to the beat of the pair performing before us.

They really put effort into this, because we were backstage. They turned the canteen into a concert hall.

"And now she starts dancing." Sungjin raised her arms at my randomness. "Watch your shoe lace."

"I'll be fi-" And then I tripped. I was waiting for the impact but it never came.

"You good there?" Hansol was holding my waist. He pulled me up and chuckled. "You're so clumsy. What if you got your dress dirty?"

"I'm not clumsy." I gasped. "I just do random gravity checks."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." He shrugged, just then I noticed that he was wearing a tux. They made me wear a short white dress, with white flats.

"Ironically, you help her sleep at night." Yuminah wiggled her eyebrows.

"Noona, that's so wrong." Hansol shook his head. Yuminah gasped.

"I'm not that old."

"You are unnie, you are." I grinned, leaning my arm on Hansol's shoulder.

"You know, you two look like a newlywed couple." Sungjin examined us.

"Jup." Yuminah agreed. I was about to give a witty reply but got cut off.

"Next up, Jaemin and Hansol!" The announcer said through the mic, making me freeze.

"Just focus on me okay." Hansol hugged me.

I took a deep breath before walking up the stage. Hansol stood next to me as we faced the audience. The intro of the song echoed through the canteen as my heart rate picked up.

"Dasi neoreul bol su isseulkka, dasi." I sang closing my eyes.

When Hansol's part came around, I opened them. Staring mesmerized at the boy next to me, who looked like he was having the time of his life.

When it was time for the last lines, I sang with my eyes opened.

"Nae gyeote dorawa." I caught Hansol staring at me and he smiled. "Eonjerado chawaja, ah ohh."

The audience stood up and clapped while Hansol grabbed my hand. We bowed together before walked off stage.

"That was AMAZING!" Yuminah exclaimed.

"Thanks." Vernon and I smiled.

"Hansol and Jaemin," A voice said behind us, making us turn around. "I need to speak to you two."

"Is something wrong?" Hansol asked our English teacher as we followed him somewhere.

"No, not at all actually." Mr. Lee shook his head while opening a classroom door. Revealing two really annoying people, my ex Jihan and an obnoxious girl HyunMi.

"I have big news!" Our teacher exclaimed excitedly. I just stood behind Hansol, not feeling comfortable at all. "The four of you are going to America!"

None of us said anything. "When?" Jihan asked.

"Tomorrow evening, your parents already agreed." Mr. Lee explained. "We are doing an exchange, you'll be staying in a hotel with me as mentor."

"Okay..." I said, wondering when my father agreed to this and why.

**

Minghao picked us up from school today. "We'll talk later, Yuminah." I waved at her, getting in the passenger seat.

"Gwenchana hyung?" Chan asked Minghao, since he just sat there for a few seconds.

"Ah, nae. I'm good." He gaze lingered on something behind me before he drove us back home.

When we arrived, Vernon and I went to our bedroom. "We should tell them." He said suddenly.

"Alright," I agreed and we searched for Wonwoo and Joshua. Eventually they were in the music room .

"Wonwoo, Joshua oppa." I walked in with Vernon trailing behind.

"We have something to tell." Hansol said, staring at the floor.

"You got her pregnant, didn't you?" Wonwoo stood up.

"WHAT?!" Joshua yelled, rising from his seat as well.

"NO! No, nothing like that!" I quieted them down. "We're going to America."

They just stared at me confused. "School is sending four people with good English on an exchange." Vernon informed them.

"When?" Wonwoo asked in a low voice.

"We will leave tomorrow evening." I said, excited and sad at the same time.

"Let's just spend this day and the next together." Joshua smiled. "We'll call your dad and you can say goodbye to him tomorrow."

**

I was in the bedroom, putting on my slippers and went downstairs. I walked into the living room and it looked like a pigsty. Loud music, dancing and wrestling.

Suddenly a book came my way, so I ducked. "Yah!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, eventhough I'm nearly the youngest.

"Who threw this?" I held the book up and raised an eyebrow.

"I did." Hansol raised his hand. "But Seokmin hyung was supposed to catch."

"Soonyoung hyung started!" Seokmin snitched.

"Guys, you're in trouble." Wonwoo said deadly serious.

"What is she gonna do?" Seokmin asked.

"Who cares, I'm older anyway." Soonyoung shrugged.

"I suggest you stop now." Joshua whisper yelled.

"She won't have mercy. Not caring about age or your relationship with her." Wonwoo warned.

"Sit down." I stated, pointing to the couch.

"Well, we tried." Joshua shrugged.

"Do you even realise what could've happened?" I snapped, slowly but surely my Latina side came out. "If I didn't duck, it would've gotten in my face. Maybe you'd hit someone else, this could cause a serious injury."

"But-" Seokmin tried to talk.

"I'm not done yet." I turned my eyes into slits. "You could even damage this book."

"It's just-" Hansol tried to cut in.

"Don't do it again." I snapped.

"We're sorry Jaemin." Soonyoung stood up and wrapped me in his arms. "The last thing we want in to injure you."

"Sorry." Seokmin backhugged me.

"There is no space for me." Hansol complained.

"C'mere." I chuckled as the older boys released me.

"Yayy!" Hansol cheered and hugged me.

"Let's just make this last night an enjoyable one." Seungcheol said and we all agreed.