The Dreams By: Kourtney Cherry

Start from the beginning

          He remembered being taken and the lab, but it seemed impossible. The thought was pushed out of his mind. He figured it was also a dream. His clothes were different than before and the room was full of clothes. He stood and waddled around confused on where his clothes could be. Then on the floor he noticed a small note. It read ‘All will be clear soon. Take a shower and meet me in the dining room. Towels are set for you in the bathroom and get whatever you would like out of the closet to wear.’

          Demetri’s eyes widened. Something was fishy and frightening. He then decided to do as told. There is no telling what was happening.

          The door squeaked as he opened it. He looked down the hall, nobody. The house was quiet. He was shaky as he walked down the hall to the bathroom.

          The bathroom was made all of marble. The towels were hung neatly on the rack. The shower was fashioned with opaque doors instead of a curtain. He locked the door and got in. The water was soothing. He stood in the water a good ten minutes just standing there in the water. His mind ran mind ran with thoughts of what could be happening. Hopes of the party being a dream started to dwindle. On his arm he saw where an I.V. was placed in the crook of his arm. All he had read was a W on the vile.

          A strange feeling pricked at the surface of his back. He tried to shake it off but he couldn’t. Quickly he finished his shower and looked in the mirror, at his back. At the top of his back between the shoulders were two red lines and the skin was bumped forward. He was puzzled and scared. “Had they done experiments on me?” he thought. When he realized he was wasting time for answers he got dressed. The shirt was blue and his pants were black. He fixed his hair to be more presentable and walked out.

          The hallway was decorated with red wallpaper and white floors. Pictures hung on the walls of people he didn’t know. The ceiling was mounted with a silver chandelier. It was beautiful but didn’t ease his troubled mind. When he came to the staircase he was shocked. He had never seen this place. Last night he wasn’t even here at all. It was too different. The staircase was a grand staircase, trimmed in gold and a royal blue rug that ran down the middle of it. The room it opened to seemed like grand ballroom that you saw in movies from castles. He felt overly confused and out of place. A voice came from behind him and startled him.

          “Are you master Demetri?” a butler said, calmly.

          “I don’t know about master, but yes my name is Demetri.”

          “Follow me sir, I will show you to the dining room. But, please try to keep quiet the Misses is sleeping.”

The butler led him down many corridors. The corridors had Greek statues that littered the empty space. As well as it had trees and plants planted inside. Then the butler stopped and opened the large doors. And, announced Demetri’s entrance. The butler then led him to a chair and asked if he was thirsty. Then a man introduced himself from the head of the table.

“Hello Demetri Hecallman, My name is Dr. Eli Venenza. And my misses whom you will meet soon, her name is Dr. Jacquelyn Venenza. How are you this morning?”

“I came here for answers not small talk, so please tell me what the hell is going on.”

“I take not well, though I will tell you to not be so hasty. Calm yourself answers will come in due time. Sit, eat, and afterwards we will talk about those answers you so long for,” he said to Demetri.

“Butler Mason, please bring us out the main course.” He said to the butler from earlier.

“Yes sir, right away.” Manson walked out of the room through a pair of doors off to the left.