Chapter 6

Walking down to the lunch hall was nerve racking. I slowly walked down the stairs, watching the other boys deep in conversation turning into the hall. I took a deep breath and walked in. As I did I felt a hand on my back.

'Stay strong'

He wished I'm my ear with his Irish accent. I gave him a little smile and joined Liam at the table.

'Morning you'

I still hadn't caught sight of Harry yet. I had a healthy breakfast of fruit and cereal and made my way to my first lesson. I sat down on my own, not joined by the Tomlinson boy. And still a horrible feeling in my stomach. The lesson seemed to go on for hours and hours. Finally the bell went and everyone started leaving. Slowly I packed my bag and walked towards the door. As I did the boys were giving me smirks and pulling kissy faces from the other sides of the windows. I opened the door to have Liam run at me and hug me. Everyone else laughing.

'Liam? what's going on?!'

'I'm sorry, I don't know how it happened'

'what?'

He handed me a piece of paper. On it was a photo. Of me. With Harry. Pushed against a tree with his hand half way down my trousers. And 2 words. Harry won.

Tears started to well up in my eyes. I was so angry. I screwed up the paper and threw it on the floor. Marching down the hallways I looked for Harry. Then I found him. Laughing with his mates. I pushed him against his locker and took him by surprise.

'You think its funny do you?!'

'woah Sam I'm sorry!'

He pushed against me and dragged me to one side.

'Where did those pictures come from Harry?!'

'I honestly don't know Sam!'

'Was it just a game to you?'

I began calming down, the hurt pushing through the anger.

'What no? Everything I said was real, I really like you Sam, just yesterday was a bit frustrating, I get it now and I was going to find you tonight and fix it!'

'what about the photos'

'I don't care...'

he took a step towards me, pulling me in

'I want everyone to know your mine'

He leant down to kiss me

'Who wrote Harry won then?'

He looked at me with a different look, one I'd never seen before.

'I don't know'

'you're lying'

'no I'm not...'

I could see it. He was trying to hide it.

'Harry just tell me!'

'Okay! Yes! At first, it was just a bet. Who could get the only girl in the school... But that changed when I got to know you! Please you have to trust me, its not the bad, I actually really like you now!'

'No... This is what I mean by not knowing you.'

I turned my back and walked back to the apartment.

'Sam please... Sam!'

I could hear Harry shouting after me. His voice made me weak. I had to keep going. As soon as I was behind locked doors I broke down. It was only a matter of time before dad found out. What was I going to do... Then there was a knock.

'Go away Harry!'

'It's not Harry...'

I stood up and slowly opened the door. It was Zayn.

'Oh hey'

'Hey, I was just wondering if your coming to lessons? I could walk with you? We're going to the same place anyway...'

'Thanks but I really don't feel like it'

'I know, what has happened is upsetting for you, but hiding won't make it go away... You just have to keep your head up and keep going. Your friends will help you out along the way'

I hated it, but he was right. I brushed away my tears, grabbed my bag and headed out to lessons. Sitting next to Zayn made me feel safer. Even with everyone turning around. My phone vibrated in my pocket.

*If your dad asks, its photoshopped, got your back princess*

From Liam. A huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. He could fix anything.

*Thank you, movie tonight? Bring the lepricorn*

*Course, we'll be there*

Zayn kept looking at me checking I hadn't slowly fallen into tears again.

'Why did you come and get me?'

I turned to ask him.

'Just thought I would, I've had it before and no one got came and got me and I now know how crap that feels...'

'Well, thank you...'

'no problem'

Liam and Niall were waiting outside the class with takeaway bags.

'We had a free and thought you wouldn't fancy going to the lunch hall'

I just smiled and hugged them both. Zayn just walked past us out of the classroom.

'Hey! Zayn?'

'Yes?'

'Fancy eating with us? Watching a movie'

'I'd love to'

He walked back towards us and we all made our way to the apartment. There, dad was waiting. When we opened the door he looked at me and the pulled me in his arms.

'I love you sweetheart. We'll sort this mess out.'