Chapter 12) The Linking

'Kai' didn't speak, instead he marched towards Jaxton with nothing but anger on his face.

"You! You lying, conniving life ruiner!" Kai raised his fist but stopped dead when he saw me. "Who the hell is this?!" My mouth moved but nothing came out of it, I couldn't dare speak with the death glare I was receiving. Jacob pulled me behind him and puffed his bare chest out, obviously in an attempt to look intimidating.

Aww is he protecting me? That's so sweet! HAYDIN! This guy is acting like a raging psychopath and you're thinking like that? Get a grip on yourself!

"Kai, you need to calm down." Jacob's voice was steady and collected but at the same time it was intimidating. He was telling Kai to stand down. "You can't just come storming into the house after 6 months and almost punch Jax!" Kai's hands curled into fists once more and his face was nothing but anger filled.

"Answer my question first mutt. I don't want anything to do with you, and I don't want anything to do with your little girlfriend either. Now, why is she here?!" I could feel Jacob tense at the words 'mutt' and 'girlfriend'.

"First of all, you dare call me a mutt ever again and I will rip your pathetically skinny throat out, do you hear me? Secondly she is not my girlfriend!"

"Bull -"Jaxton cleared his throat and gave Volpis a look that said not now, causing Volpis to hang his head and join Luna who was in the corner. I stepped out from behind Jacob, I could tell Kai was nothing more than an arrogant, over confident jerk who had been away from here for too long and I was not about to show him any weakness.

"Excuse me, but who do you think you are?" He towered over me with ease but he was still at least two heads shorter than Jacob, making me feel more confident. Jacob placed a hand on my arm but I shrugged it off. "You march into here without saying hi to any one, insult the nicest person I have ever met, call this amazing person a mutt and think you can get away with it?" He chuckled then bent down so that he was eye level with me. Geez I'm not that short! What basketball player is? Or right, me!

"And who are you exactly?" I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him, he was having too much fun with this.

"My name is Haydin and I live here now. Now, I don't know what happened to you but it still doesn't give you the right to -"

"How long have you been here?" I glared at him harder for interrupting me, I hate being interrupted.

"Well, only a day...but this conversation isn't about me it's about -"

"Well actually yes it is." Oh how I wanted to punch him square in his perfect face, which as much as I hate to admit is just that. Perfect. High cheekbones mixed with an adorable button nose, just the right amount of hot and adorableness. Not to mention those eyes! As blue as the ocean and they sparkled like the night sky. Blonde hair fell perfectly into his face, contrasting with his dark eyebrows. And his skin!

So pale yet so beautiful....HAYDIN! I really need to get a grip! He is insulting you!

"You see, Haydin, this was my home. It was my home until these selfish bastards let me be taken away by the Normals." A gasp told me the others were still here, and not leaving any time soon. Tater Tot stalked up to Kai and repeatedly slammed her fists into his chest after each syllable.

"How. Dare. You. Say. That. You know we didn't want that to happen!" Kai pushed her away, earning a look of hurt from Tater.

"I don't have time for you Reaper. Jaxton, we need to talk. Now!" Jaxton nodded wearily then walked over to me.

"Very well, us three shall talk while the rest of you clean up breakfast, okay?" Jacob resisted, insisting he stay with me, but Jaxton managed to coax him out of it. Kai glared at me until Jake sulked off then turn to Jaxton.