Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Driving down the long driveway that didn't seem to end, Bella Rydges was getting more apprehensive by the minute, she feared she had taken on so much more than she could chew. A mansion of massive proportion lay ahead.Why on earth would she accept a nanny position in an oversized looking building, for a man she had never met, to look after children she knew nothing about? Oh and let's not forget in a country that is foreign to her...Smart Bella what makes you do the things you do? Oh Hell a tall looking man was standing proudly at the door, no way, could they actually have a butler? Turn around girl and go back home, you are in way over your head this time.

Bella contemplated turning the car around and leaving. How she landed this job she didn't know, online she answered the questions to the ad, lying about almost everything and to her surprise they accepted her. No qualifications whatsoever, no experience with children at all, like never ever, and nothing to show her new boss. She came up with the story that her portfolio had been lost on the flight. The money was out of this world, and she got to live for free, eat for free and whatever else a nanny does.

Pulling up at the massive drop off zone...Yes all that was missing were the words, DROP OFF ZONE, seriously that's how huge the entry was. When Bella finally stopped the car, she got out and moved to speak to the butler. "Hello, I am Bella Rydges and I am the new nanny." Trying to sound posh was so hard for Bella, coming from Sydney Australia she didn't hold much class, it wasn't like she was from the North Shore or anything, she was from a little suburb where you were what you were. Now in England and in a part of England she had never heard of, Bella felt like she had to act a little posh, some class was required after all.

"Ms Rydges, the Master will see you in his office"

"Indeed..." shut the hell up Bella, you sound pathetic even to your own ears. Trying to lift her head up as if sure of herself, The butler dude led her to the most outrageously expensive looking furniture she had ever laid eyes on. Bella lived in a one bedroom unit, which was furnished from a package deal outlet where you use your furniture while you pay it off, one year interest free. Well in her head the one year would come and the furniture would be fully paid off, not a chance, Bella couldn't save money if her life depended on it.

When the butler opened the office doors after knocking and announcing her Bella made her way to the oversized office. There was the man she saw on the photo, what a stud, sexy as. He gave Bella one look, shook her hand and gestured for her to take a seat.

"Will that be all sir?" asked the butler

"Yes Harold thankyou, just some refreshments for Ms Rydges"

"Oh yeah thanks water would be ideal James..." idiot you should have asked for tea, would have sounded so much more elegant.

"Ms Rydges, as in my ad, My name is Caine Braxter. Your portfolio if you don't mind" he wasn't british, he had an accent but she couldn't quite pin point where it came from. He had the most amazing brown eyes and dark hair. Cleanly shaven, smelt incredible, this dude was freaking hot.

"Oh yeah about that, my portfolio got lost in one of my bags, I'm sorry, i'll have to call around back home and get everything faxed over for you...I mean i'll need to track down a few people and get numbers but I'll get onto it as soon as possible." Caine didn't seem to like the fact that she had no credentials to show him.

"How soon can you do that?" she shrugged her shoulders

"Not sure sir, I will try to get them in as quick as possible" she was fidgeting with her hands.

"If I wasn't desperate for a nanny I would have to dismiss you here and now, however as it turns out, I'm in need and here you are. I will need you to start right away." She got away with it. Holy shit she got away with it "Bart is seventeen and Sarah is twelve. I need you to get acquainted with them right away." Bella nodded. This was really happening. He looked at her and asked her to stand. Feeling a little awkward she did as he instructed. "Turn around please" what the hell?