⚜|Chapter:28'BEST PEOPLE HAVE BEST CHOICES'|⚜

Start from the beginning

"Yes? What are you ladies doing out here when you should be in your classes?!" Teacher's voice from behind us caused us to turn our heads towards her.

Shit!

"Teacher... uh we were just a little late. We're going, come on Sophia." Lia answered her because I was completely unable to. All I did was gawk at her. Before she could burn us with her glare we walked inside.

The day went good. Me hiding from Carter and Isaac went successful. But that was until the break. When I was walking out of my chemistry class I found Isaac standing there waiting for someone. Pretending to have not seen him, I walked towards my locker but he stopped me by calling my name. "Wait! Sophia! I need to talk to you, please listen to me." His tone was pleading but all I could see in him was a monster. A monster who was masked as an angel.

Lia came from behind us and motioned me to talk to him, Isaac didn't notice her doing that as his back was facing her. "I'm listening." I crossed my arms over my chest and nodded. "Okay, I'm really sorry for shouting at you. I'm really sorry for hurting you Sophie. I just wasn't myself at that time. Can you please forgive me? I'm really sorry Sophia."

"If you promise to never show that monster to me again...."

"I prom-" he started to say but stopped him. "And not act like my father all the time."

"I promise." Isaac smiled, nodding and I managed to smile back. "Can we be friends again? Please?"

"Obviously!" As I let it out, I was attacked by a hug. I hugged Isaac back and tried to get back but Isaac didn't let go. A weird feeling crept inside me and this feeling was far from a good one. It was more like a scary one. I coughed a little and pushed Isaac back with some force.

"Come on, Lia might be waiting for us." I called out, walking ahead of him. He smiled at me and at that moment it made me happy because I could finally see the old sweet Isaac again. When he caught up to me I decided to ask him about Lia. "Isaac, just by the way, do you by any chance have feel-"

"Sophia! Sophia! Sophie!" I heard Jack shouting my name. "Jack? What happened?" I couldn't help but feel worried, my eyes catching a breathless Jack. "Carter's looking for you." He stated as he stopped before me.

"Well, I'm not planning to go. But what's that got to do with you being breathless?"

"I was dared to bring you to him in five minutes. Because non of our friends could find you. And you know what? If you come with me I'm going to get ten dollars from Carter. And it's not like I want them, it's just that I don't want him to think of me as a looser. Come on!" He looked too excited for any normal human being.

"Jack I really want you to win but I can't face Carter right now. Please try to understand."

"Thank you so much for agreeing! We have to run, we only have like, two more minutes." And just like that without even explaining what he said, before I could understand anything, he started running towards the basketball area. But the problem was, me getting dragged along with him.

When we reached there, he pushed me inside. Despite my efforts, I couldn't stop Jack from pushing me inside. He locked the door after going outside, leaving me alone in the gym. "I'm sorry! I'll buy you an ice cream with the money I win to make it up to you!" Jack's distant voice sounded.