Chapter 12

Darlin'

Chapter 12

SOPHIE'S POV

Avril and I have been texting everyday, we Skype at least 3 times a week and just spend our time talking about everything.

Ever since that night she sang me that song I can't stop thinking about her, my heart beats faster like it is beating for her. When I'm about to Skype with her, my heart races, I get butterflies flying incredible fast around my stomach, my hands get sweaty and I can't breathe properly, just these little shallow just keeping me from passing out from lack of oxygen.

I lay around all day, being so down, feeling like there is rocks on my shoulders holding me down under an unbearable weight stopping me from moving even a tiny bit. I just lay with Rockstar comfortable in his normal spot upon my chest, in which he seems to claim as his own.

Yesterday I took Rockstar to have his vaccinations and to be micro chipped. He didn't like it one bit but I don't care he needs to not be a sook when getting him micro chipped means if I ever lost him that he would always be brought back to his mummy that he loves so much. The vaccinations stop him from getting so very sick, especially at such a young age.

I just can't shake her from my head, no matter what I do she just floods into my head yelling and screaming "just say you love me too..". I just don't know what to say or do, it isn't even like she is here. She is still over there, in stupid America where she should be over here with me.., I mean Australia is just so much better then America by far. You don't have to worry about being shot even when your just walking down the street to get a carton of milk from the local shop.

I've had enough of my head, I'm going for a run to clear this stupid head of mine. I change into my black bike short, black Nike tank top and my Nike sneakers along with my ear phones in my ears, connected to my iPod touch looking through my music I make my way out to the footpath.

I finally find the song I want, I push play and run off down the street upon the footpath.

I blast my music that loud it hurts my ears that I don't doubt it could blow my ear drums up, but I honestly don't care I just listen as they sing.

"Do you know

I count your heartbeats before you sleep (you sleep)?

I bite my fingernails to bone (to bone)

And then I crawl back under the stairwell

To a place I call my home.

I really hope you enjoy the show,

Because for me, it's just a bad day.

You need people like me to feel.

Maybe we're just having too much fun.

Maybe you can't handle yourself,

Staring at me with your lips and tongue.

You'll never know

I don't know where I'm going to sleep tonight.

She said, "Hotels are cheap,

And there's one down the street."

But, don't you threaten me with a good time.

Murder the moment.

My God, I'm the serpent.

I'm sorry, I can't see that you truly love me.

Maybe we're just having too much fun.

Maybe you can't handle yourself,

Staring at me with your lips and tongue.

I've been having this dream that we can fly,

So maybe if we never wake up, we can see the sky.

Oh, alright.

Please, don't take this out on me,

'Cause you're the only thing that's keeping me alive.

And I don't wanna wait for the down-set date

'Cause I would rather end it all tonight.

And if I mean anything to you,

I'm sorry, but I've made up my mind.

Maybe we're just having too much fun.

Maybe you can't handle yourself,

Staring at me with your lips and tongue.

I've been having this dream that we can fly,

So darling, close your eyes.

'Cause you're about to miss everything (about to miss everything)

About to miss everything (about to miss everything)."

The song finishes just like usually, I hear the squeal of tires as I hear what I think must be a car speeding up. I turn around to see this car, I feel the impacts as it keeps going, my vision fades as my earphones sing,"The day you slipped away

Was the day I found it won't be the same.."