I'm Sorry.

Christine's POV.

Looking deep in the dull brown eyes of my husband, I felt bad. I felt bad for keeping myself away from them, my family.

My only family.

I choked back the tears that threatened to spill as my husband's eyes pierced through mine. Betrayal and hurt coated them and I had to tear my blue eyes from his.

My eyes were never blue, it was brown like his but more......alive. A big thanks to contacts for their help.

He knew that I was a true vampire after I took them out to prove myself. Samantha had scurried to some unknown location but I can feel her nearby. I signed yet again.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you all this time. I thought if I did you'd be scared of m-" I stopped talking as he raised his hand.

"Don't finish that sentence, please. I'd sure as hell be freaked out but I wouldn't tell myself to be scared of my wife." he stated. He was getting upset, I can tell.

Taking his warm hands in mine, I looked as his eyes drift from mine to our hands, then back to my face. I was overjoyed when he didn't pull back.

He trusted me. And I loved him even more for accepting my new lifestyle.

"I'm sorry. I should've told you earlier but Sam told me when she told you, you freaked out and denied the truth." I explained.

Dimitri nodded in guilt. "I thought she was lying, I'm sorry I didn't believe her. Oh my God, Sam must hate me for yelling at her for all this time." he ranted.

I quickly intervened. "Sam doesn't hate you. And we both know that I'm not the one to receive your apologies." I said and he nodded.

Dimitri nodded slowly. I can tell he's been having a hard time. When I first saw him at the grocery store the second day they came to Mystic Falls, I went on an emotional breakdown. He looked so....older than his forty years of age. All because of me, my mistakes. After all this time, he was struggling to move on with life, they were both struggling, especially Sam.

I had to make it up to them.

We stared at each other for a long time, taking in every visible sight. Our love was strong, always have been.

I had to make it up to them.

I smiled. Finally, I'd reunited with my family.

No more hiding.

______________