You hesitated, practically seeing the desperation in his message.

-Please

He texted again and you sighed; closing your eyes and pinching the bridge of your nose in frustration. I shouldn't.

Buzz....

You looked at your phone and scrunched your eyebrows when you read his most recent message:

I'm not leaving till you hear me out, Y/N. I don't care if I get sick. But I'm not leaving this spot until you talk to me.

What the hell is he talking about? You wondered. All of a sudden, a flash of lightning spit across the sky, followed by a ground shaking thunder and the realization hit you like a bonk in the head.

-Where are you?!

You texted just as you ran to the opposite side of the living room, dreading what you were about to see... looking out the window, you saw a familiar black-haired guy, standing in the middle of the street, wearing a long blue coat, with his hood on, soaked in the pouring rain. Oh no.

Instead of replaying, Taehyung looked up, his eyes landing on your window and eventually locking eyes with you. He smiled weakly, raising his hand in a small wave and you gasped, unable to gasp the idea that he was actually there, standing in the pouring rain, waiting for you to come out, "What the-" you immediately dialed his number and on the second ring, he answered, " Yeoboseyo?"

"What the hell are you doing?!" you hissed, "Get out of the rain!"

"No."

"Don't be stupid, Tae. You're gonna get sick!"

"I don't care."

"Can you stop being stubborn for just one second?!"

"Stubborn is my middle-name~" he said in a sing-song voice, "Taehyung-"

"I just want to talk to you, Y/N" he sighed, "Give me a chance to explain-"

"Don't you get it? I don't want to talk to you!" you yelled in frustration, "Why can't you just leave me alone?!" There was a gasp over the line and from your point of view, you saw Taehyung's face contort in pain as he muttered, "I – I can't." a tear escaped your eye as you watched him down from your window, looking cold and miserable, "I can't Y/N!" he repeated, "I can't because I-"

"Stop. Please." You cried, not wanting to hear anymore, "I don't want to do this anymore, Taehyung."

"But Y/N-"

"I'm sorry." you said as you hung up, willing yourself to turn away from the window. I'm sorry.

Half an hour passed and the rain only got harder, creating loud noises that echoed through your apartment...through your hollowed heart. You wanted to push through with your plans of staying in bed, eating ice cream, and watching your favorite movie but you just couldn't. Not after what happened with Taehyung. Not when he's still outside in the pouring rain.

You peeked through your curtains every now and then, surprised to still see him there; standing in the middle of the street, his hood down making his hair wet. Your heart ached at the sight and you couldn't understand what he's trying to do. Or why he's doing it, for that fact.

Well you do, you just didn't want to believe it...Or refused to believe it.

Lightning struck making him jump, and that's when you had enough of his little stunt. "He's going to kill himself." You muttered as you grabbed your coat and umbrella before heading out the door.

The moment you opened the door to the building, holding out a red umbrella over your head, Taehyung looked up, wide-eyed. You approached him, slowly, and when the two of you were under the umbrella's shade, you took a look at him and felt your heart wrench.