He moved forward as I stepped back, until I was flat against the wall beside the door to Coach's office.
"Come on, Riley. I'm a werewolf. I know you're jealous of her," he ran a hand down my face.

I went stiff, sucking in a breath. He went to lean in, and that's when I punched him right in the nose as hard as I could.

What?
It's not like he wouldn't heal.

He stumbled backwards, shocked by my actions.

I swallowed roughly, peeling myself off of the wall. "You ever try that again, and I'll do much worse. I know this is your first full moon, and I'll forgive you because of that; but only because of that."

Turning the door knob, I opened the door, but not before Scott could start talking again. "It's not me."

I sighed heavily, "I know, it's the full moon, I just said that."

His hand lightly touched his nose as blood dripped from it. "No; it's not me. You're not jealous about me. You're jealous about Stiles, aren't you? That he likes her and not you."

"What?" I spat out, letting go of the door knob. "I am not."

He smirked, dropping his hand. "Your heart beat says otherwise."

"Because you're freaking me out, Scott!"

He walked forward, opening the door completely, and then leaned down to whisper in my ear. "I know what I heard, and what I smelt. It wasn't fear. But don't worry. I won't tell."

And with that, he left, leaving me alone in Coach's office.

He was definitely mistaken. There was no way I was jealous of Lydia, and there was no way that I liked Stiles.

No way.

I wasn't of jealous of her, I just didn't like her because . . . because . . .

Well, she wasn't a nice person.

And Stiles, he's my friend.

Nothing more than my friend.

♡♢♤♧

Sitting at lacrosse training, I tried to focus on anything but what had just happened. But, my mind had kept dragging me back there.

To seeing Lydia and Scott kissing. To telling Lydia to leave. To Scott then trying to kiss me. And then, to Scott accusing me of being jealous of Lydia because I liked Stiles.

He had to be wrong. I wasn't jealous of her because I liked Stiles.

"Hey, why are you sitting over here all alone?" Stiles plonked down beside me, a grin still on his face from being told he would be first line.

I closed my book, looking at the cover intently. "No reason really, I just wanted to do a bit of reading."

Stiles slid off of his seat and crouched down in front of me so that I had to look at him. "Are you okay? You look kinda down."

I managed to pull a smile onto my face, steadily making eye contact, "Yeah, I'm perfectly fine. I promise."

Before Stiles could interrogate me any further, Scott sat down on the bench. Stiles than stood back up, and sat down in between us, excitedly looking up at Scott.

"Hey. What happened?" He asked, barely able to contain himself.

Scott gave him a confused look, "What?"

"What do you mean, 'what'? Did you ask her?" When Scott didn't answer right away, Stiles began to get antsy. "Did she say anything? Did she say she liked me? Did she imply she liked me?"