~Chapter Three~

~Gladion's P.O.V~

"(y/n), I think I know where we should start, as to places where you might have that 'Click.'" "Oh, really? Where?" "Iki Town. It's on MeleMele island." "How are we going to get there?" "We're going to go on boat." "Oh, okay." (y/n) stood up, as did I. (y/n) grabbed her bag, and, I led (y/n) out of the building. Of course, we got lost a few times, since I didn't know where the damn exit was. But, still, we were eventually able to find the exit.

"Where would you like to go?" The driver asked me. "MeleMele island." "Okay. Just have a seat. We'll be there in a few hours." (y/n) and I then sat down. The boat started, and, we were off.

After a few hours, of awkward silence, we finally arrived, at MeleMele island. "Here you are. MeleMele island. Stay safe!" The boatman said, as we exited the boat. "Thank you, for your time." "You're welcome, champion! Let me know if I can ever assist you again." The boatman then left.

"So, shall we head to Iki Town?" "I guess so. But, can you tell me why you think this place will be able to help me?" "I believe that place will be able to help, because, that's where your journey began." "Oh, I guess it makes sense to start from the very beginning." We then began our journey, to Iki Town.

When we arrived, I noticed an all-too-familiar face running up towards us. "Hey! (y/n)! Haven't seen you in forever! Where have you been?!" I could see (y/n) shaking. "Wait here, (y/n)." She nodded. I then grabbed Hau, by the collar, and, dragged him a bit ways away from where (y/n) was.

"What's the big idea?!" "You don't understand the situation, so, I'm going to try to say it, in a way that you can understand." "Okay... Did something happen to (y/n)?" "Yes. She had an encounter with an UB. And, the UB blocked (y/n)'s memories." "But, she still has them, right?" "Yes." "Wow, that sucks... Is there anything I can do, to help?"

I thought for a moment. Then, it hit me. "Actually, yes, you can." "What can I do?! I want to help!" "First off, you're going to have to tone it down a little. (y/n) has tended to be a bit... Afraid... Of everything..." "Oh, okay. I get it." "And, second, can you tell (y/n) about her first Pokémon battle, with you?" "Of course, I can do that! Do you really think that'll restore her memory?" "I'm not sure. But, we won't know, unless we try." "True, very true."

Hau and I then headed back, to where (y/n) was. But, I noticed her backing away, from something. Turns out that something was a pikipek. She had a look of absolute terror. "(y/n)! Call out one of your Pokémon!" (y/n) seemed to not hear me.

As she was walking backwards, she tripped, and, one of her Pokémon fell out of her bag. The poke ball opened, and, out came Decidueye. "(y/n), give Hoot Hoot a command!" "H-Hoot Hoot, do an attack... Please..." Hoot Hoot looked a bit confused, on how his master was asking him to do his job, but, Hoot Hoot did not hesitate to use Sucker Punch on the pikipek, before it could make a move. The pikipek fainted on the spot.

(y/n) had a face of complete shock on her face. I bet I know why she's shocked. She's shocked that the creature that terrified her actually defended her, and, actually listened to what she commanded him to do.

I walked up to (y/n), and, put my hand on her shoulder. "You see? Pokémon are not scary. And, if you treat them right, they can end up being your best friends." "I see..." "How about you pet Hoot Hoot? After all, it did defend you." (y/n) looked a bit scared, but, reached her hand out, to touch Decidueye's head. Hoot Hoot did not do anything, but, make a sound, that could only mean it was happy. Soon, (y/n) was smiling, as well.

"I'm still afraid of them. But, at least now, I know I can trust them." I then handed (y/n) Hoot Hoot's poke ball. "Here." (y/n) took the poke ball, and, gently touched Decidueye's head with it. Decidueye returned to its poke ball.

"Gladion?" "Yes?" "Do you think we can go to my house? Maybe seeing my house may give me some memories." "Of course, we can always come back later, to talk about your first Pokémon battle." "Do you mind if I come along, as well?" Hau asked, while giving his best puppy-dog eyes. "I guess..." Yay-" (y/n) hid behind me. I gave Hau a death glare, scaring him.

The three of us then headed back to (y/n)'s house. When we arrived, I knocked on the door. (y/n)'s mom answered. When she saw (y/n), her eyes got wide. "Darling! Where have you been?!" Just as she was about to bring (y/n) into a hug, (y/n) hid behind me. It's as if I'm the only one that (y/n) trusts, at the moment.

(y/n)'s mom looked very confused. "Is there something wrong, (y/n)?" (y/n) didn't answer, so, I spoke up. "Ms. (y/l/n), would you allow us to come in, and, explain everything?" "Oh, sure, come on in." (y/n)'s mom moved aside, allow for the three of us to enter. (y/n) never left my side. When we entered the main sitting area, (y/n) insisted on sitting next to me. And, she didn't sit just close to me, she sat SUPER close to me. I could feel my cheeks heating up. "Gladion, are you okay?" (y/n) asked. "Yeah, I'm fine..."

(y/n)'s mom then looked at us, and, said, "So, what's going on with my daughter?" I then explained how she was battling a UB, and, how it blocked her memories. I also explained that only a certain 'Click' can unlock (y/n)'s memories. (y/n)'s mom nodded. "I see. Well, (y/n), I'll do my best to help you restore your memories." "Thanks... Uh..." "I'm your mother." "You are?!" "Yes, I am." (y/n)'s mom said, with a frown.

I looked at my phone, to see that it was getting late. "Hey, it's getting late." I said. Everyone looked at their phones, to see that it was nine-thirty. "Seems like you're right. Better head home. See you tomorrow, (y/n)?" 'Sure..." (y/n) said, still a bit shy around Hau. Hau gave a small wave, before leaving.

I then realized something. I had nowhere to sleep. "Gladion, do you want to sleep in my bed, with me?" My face turned a deep red. I just hope (y/n)'s mother doesn't notice. "No thanks, I'm good." "But-" "I'll be fine, really." I see (y/n)'s as considerate as ever, offering to let me sleep in her bed. No wonder I fell in love with her...

"Hey, I think I have a solution for you two." (y/n)'s mother said, while pulling out a large blow-up mattress. "Gladion, are you okay sleeping on this?" "Yes, that should be fine, thank you." I said, while taking off my red bag, that was around my waist. I then put it on the couch, where I was sitting. I helped (y/n)'s mother get a blanket, and pillow.

I then noticed (y/n) yawning. "You should really head to bed, (y/n)." "Okay..." Was that sadness on (y/n)'s face? (y/n)'s mother then led (y/n) to which I assumed was her room. Sleep tight, (y/n). Now, I was all alone, in the main area.

Why do I have a feeling that all of this is my fault? After all, if I had been there, for (y/n), when she needed me the most,she wouldn't have had her memories blocked. This is all my fault... This thought swirled around my head, as I fell asleep.     

Well, here's another chapter. I genuinely hoped that you enjoyed it. If not, let me know why, so, I can improve, in the future. Later, my fellow readers! =^-^=