We're getting there

When they reached the old house, Arthur paid the man and sent him off, deciding that they wouldn't be going anywhere yet. He grabbed his luggage and called Matthew along. The little boy hurried behind, dragging a rather large suitcase that he said he could handle.

"Lad, are you sure you can-"

"Yes," Matthew responded hastily, "I can do it. I can be just as strong." He continued pulling the bag along the dirt road that led up to the large green house.

Arthur sighed and opened the front door, throwing the bags he was carrying inside and returning to help the boy.

He chuckled at the young boy's determination and crouched in front of him, careful not to dirty his pants. Matthew, though, had been too busy trying to pull the heavy bag along to notice until his back hit Arthur's chest.

He paused and looked up to see Arthur, who was smiling down at him. He giggled and smiled back.

"Now lad," Arthur began, "I know you want to do this on your own, but youre not quite there yet."

Matthew frowned and Arthur immediately corrected himself.

"But that doesn't mean that you wont be able to someday. We need to take small steps so that we don't hurt ourselves, Matthew."

He seemed to think it over.

"You won't be disappointed in me if I can't?" His voice was so meek and scared. Arthur felt a pang of guilt. . . has Arthur really led him to believe that he would hate him if he couldn't do this?

He supposes maybe he had.

He always messes up.

He pushed back his thoughts and smiled instead, putting his hand on Matthews forehead. "Never."

He suddenly scooped up the bag and Matthew, holding him upside down. The boy only yelped out in suprise before he began to laugh.

Arthur carried him through the door, tossing the bag aside and carrying Matthew upstairs.

"Let me show you to your room lad." Arthur walked a couple rooms down before reaching the last room.

He put the small boy down and proceeded to attempt to unlock the door. It had been so long since he had used it. 1860ish maybe? He forgot who had lived here...

He was finally able to get the door open. He stepped inside and Matthew followed right after.

"It's a little dusty and I apologize for that, but after some good cleaning this room will be very nice." He walked over to one of the windows at the far end of the room and opened it a bit, just to let some fresh air circulate. "What do you think Matthew?" Arthur looked back at the little boy and he looked back up to him with a smile.

"Its great, thank you."

Arthur ruffled the little boys head and turned towards the door.

"You go explore the room a little more while I get the cleaning supplies." He looked at Matthew's white gown. "And maybe I'll search for some clothes for you as well."

Arthur walked out of the room and Matthew watched him leave.

As Arthur left Matthew turned to scan the room. He felt a sense of familiarity in the room, but he couldn't place it.

It was a large room, mostly bare aside from the bed and the desk in the corner of the room. It was really dusty as well. As if to prove his point, he let out a tiny sneeze.

He curiously made his way over to the seemingly worn bed. It was a little too tall for him, but he managed to climb on. He giggled and began to jump on the bed. It was a little stiff, but not uncomfortable.

Just as he was beginning to settle down, he heard a tap come from the window. He immediately froze and turn to look at the glass pane. After a moment of silence, he dismissed the sound until he heard it again. He heard a muffled voice this time too.

His curiosity got the better of him and he walked towards the window. A brown leather gloved hand suddenly appeared and gripped the bottom edge of the window. Matthew fell back with a shriek.

"Oh fuck- I mean, Mattie is that you."

Matthew recognized that voice.

His eyes widened in realization and he smiled widely.

"Alfie!" He clapped his hands together and broke into a fit of laughter.

"Thats right, Mattie," he let out a grunt as he grasped the window with his other hand and tried to haul himself up, "it's ya hero Alfie- Kuma higher I can't get it."

"You're too fat."

"Its muscle, Kuma, its what-"

"Kumajiji is here with you!" Matthew felt himself grow excited, he had been seperated from the bear for only a day and a half, really, but he had missed him so much. He was too intimidated by Arthur, though, to ask if he could go back for him.

"Yep," Alfred said, peeking his head in, "I brought along your favorite companion because I'm such a cool big bro to you."

Alfred paused for a moment and took the time to look at the room. He sighed as he continued his effort at getting in through the seemingly too small window.

"I knew he'd put you in this room, after all it was-" He cut himself off and shook his head. "You know what it doesn't matter. Come on, I'm saving you from Iggytwat."

He swung his foot inside the window and tried once more pulling himself up.

At that moment, Arthur came in through the door, broom in one hand and clothes in another.

"Matthew, lad, are you alright? I heard screaming and I-"

He made eye contact with the American.

Everything was still for a moment as they stared at eachother. Matthew could feel the tension start to rise.

Arthur was the first to move.

Panicked, he quickly made his way over to the window. He began to wack the american in the face with the broom.

"Out out out out!"

"England! Ow, stop that what the fuck!" Alfred tried swatting the broom away with one hand, only to lose his balance and fall.

All he had heard was a thud and a yelp of pain from Kumajijo, it sounded like, followed by a 'that is not muscle.'

Matthew turned to look at Arthur in shock as he closed the window. After a moment he looked back with the same expression.

"Er. . . I have some clothes for you. . ."

They'll just leave it at that for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I mean, when they say throw your problems out the window, I don't think they mean it literally.

LMAO ANYWAYS!! I COME BACK TO YOU WITH AN UPDATE!!!!

I actually loved throwing Alfred out the window, but thats just me.

Anywho, enjoy the update! Love ya,~
@kingdom_of_souls