Chapter 6

Acton slammed the door behind him when he left. For a while, I lay there on the bed, trying to process what just happened. Then I started to regret everything. I shouldn't have expected Acton to let it go. He was the most stubborn man I'd ever met. And now, ten minutes after he left, I was staring at the door, shrouded in darkness, hoping he would come back.

He didn't.

***

After waiting for so long, I finally worked up the courage to leave the room by myself. I knew it was dangerous to be alone this late, and the sooner I got to the hotel, the better.

I managed to find the guys backstage, but Acton was nowhere to be found. I helped them load up the buses, so we could get back to our hotel room to rest up for tomorrow. The whole time, I was worrying over Acton, hoping he wasn't doing anything stupid. The tingle from the sensation of his mouth on mine still throbbed at my lips.

On the bus, we tried calling and waiting for Acton to come so we could all go to the hotel and check in. But after realizing that his phone was turned off, all the guys assumed that he was hooking up with some groupie, and that we should leave without him. So we did. And I didn't have the guts to tell them I was actually worried about him. I couldn't stop thinking about our most recent argument.

***

As I lay in the hotel room late that night, I couldn't sleep. My mind kept on racing to places it shouldn't have. I imagined what it would be like to have him lay next to me. I pictured in my mind how good it felt when his entire body was pressed up against me as we kissed on the bed.

The room next to my room was reserved for Acton. He still hadn't come back since he left me. The sickening feeling in my stomach was getting worse with each minute that passed.

At midnight, I heard giggling in the hallway. I sat up in bed, listening for who it was.

"Hush. You don't want to wake anyone up, do you?" I heard Acton's deep, raspy voice whisper just outside my door.

Another high pitched giggle burst forth from the mouth of the woman he was with. "What do I care? I'm don't care if anyone knows what we're going to do tonight. I can shout it out loud right now, and no one would be brave enough to come out here and tell me to shut up." And them, in a lower, huskier voice, she whispered, "I'm going to have your c0ck inside me no matter what happens tonight, and I don't care who knows it."

Well, that's good, because I know.

I quickly peeled back the thick blankets of my bed and padded on bare feet over to my door. I paused for a moment, trying to think of what I was going to say to them when I opened it. I hesitated when I heard them start kissing. Then I opened the door anyway.

Acton quickly peeled himself away from the blonde girl he was currently kissing and looked at me. The blonde woman looked at me, giving me an icy glare with her piercing green eyes. "What do you want?" she asked in a snarling tone.

I ignored her and focused on Acton, finally being able to breathe deeply, as though I had been holding it since he left me. "Are you okay?" I asked him in a low, hopefully peaceful tone. Acton's eyes drank me in as they roamed over my body.

"Yeah. I'm fine. What happened to 'don't ever speak to me again'?" he mocked my words and my voice.

"I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean it," I tried to apologize, but all of the words I'd wanted to say seemed to drift away when I looked at him. I was so relieved he was all right.

"I didn't mean what I said either. You're definitely not an ice queen," he grinned and winked at me in a friendly way, making me smile.

"Who the hell are you, bitch?" His groupie snapped at me, moving over to stand next to him.