Chapter 8

*Quick author's note: DID YOU GUYS HEAR ABOUT MILES??? Omg*

The pitter patter of Sebastian's own feet matched with his heart beat nearly perfectly.  He didn't want to admit it to himself, though the pressure that was being applied very quickly left no room for him to ease lies unto his tongue. He was just smitten with this boy. No matter the amount of 'get your head out of the clouds' could bring him back to his feet. God forbid the wolf let any mishap come to touch his little lover. That boy was his. Sebastian opened the door with fumbling hands and swiftly made his way to the Spare room in which the just too damn godly for his own good Ciel resided.

Except to the keen k-9's surprise, there was no boy to be seen. On top of that! The bed seem to have not been touched by any organisim, let alone human. This was a time to panic, he had to! Sebastian had just straightened out his feelings, his thoughts and desires, but Ciel vanished. Just like a myth. The essence of his story lay heavily, but a last no true evidence was to be found. Eager, Sebastian tore apart every inch of the poor room. What mattered more was Ciel and his safety.

It started out as a faint scent, nothing more, nothing less. Yet the stench of a fire filled his house to every oxygen molecule and upon looking out the guest window, his answer was reached. The house that was home to Mey-Rin...was being devoured by the colours blue, yellow, red and orange. The flames whipping the frozen air with ferocity, anger. It's an odd feeling. Freezing in your place. Watching as a girl burnt, not a scream...but soon, there was one, two, three. The villagers raced from their homes to cower from the ghastly sight. Sebastian on the other hand drowned in his guilt, confusion and most of all: seething anger. Yet another life slipped through his fingers. Another, and he just might be killed for not doing his job. That was a common thing now a days. So he had to be careful. Sebastian dropped everything he currently had in his clawed hand and crashed through the window. It was as if he were a tea kettle. Slowly, being brought to a point of madness and rush, now the kettle did not whistle, it shrieked, screamed in terrible anguish. This was all Sebastian could feel, this is all he could do. He passed people, more like statues, or look into the recent past. The wolf felt as if he could reach out a hand and be burnt by the flames. Then he caught a scent. No, not the destructive fire...he smelt....

Ciel.

This was far too important to him than a measly fire. The life within was already lost. What was that point of trying to save a charred memory? This was insane! The wolf was giving up his duties for a human boy. A marvelously beautiful one at that, he'd argue. Fast paced feet stomping into the direction of Ciel's sweet fragrance.

Ciel's battle ground was lit by the intricate flames. The whips and crackles almost sounding in harmony. Blood slipped past his chapped, pale lips and furey was written in those blue, stone eyes.

"Y-you...of all people, you did this?" the large man hissed like a feral cat, gesturing to the destruction of the red head's home. Bard, having been summoned by the mass of screams and wails, desperate pleas and the devil's furnace heating his face, had found the boy. At first not thinking a thing. Ciel was so innocent looking, despite the stoic gleam in his eye. However with the undeniable fact that Mey-rin's red locks clung to his clothes with blood as the glue, was enough to link Ciel to the previous fire of Elizabeth and her family.

With a sickening grin, the petite boy lunged, an already blood drenched knife in hand and forcefully attempting pushing it to the blonde's chest. "Took you long enough!" Ciel laughed like a child. As if this were some tickle fight and not one to the death. Whether being rammed violently into the melting snow from the heat, his giggles continued.

"I'd hoped for a tad longer, but fate works devious deeds, don't you agree?"

Bard pounced like a mad man on top of this killer. This cold blooded killer. A mass delivery of assaults and punches landed the child's angelic face.

Sebastian would not like that.

Ciel smirked with darker evil than the night time air. More sinister than ebony that pulled and chewed at his brain like a vulture at a corpse.

The shaggy blonde was much stronger, Ciel was rather weak as he worked better at indirect attacks, hence the murders, he was crafty, a force better dept with by fleeing. Though when it came to a fist fight...Ciel was at the end of the list--easily conquered. And that was the exact thing he aimed for. Despite the match being lost, the slate haired boy would win. He always found ways, even if they ended with a multitude of people rotting on the ground.

Bard pinned Ciel to the ground, bending the small boy's arm to direct it at his own chest...Only a quick movement. One so fast yet so valuable, it left Ciel wide eyed. Surprised. But provided so much of a better angle. Just as the blade slipped into the younger's body as if the mound of flesh was a sheath, Sebastian had stood. Watched as Ciel, his responsibility, his precious jewel, his lover was stabbed into. His obsession letting out a shriek of obvious suffering as the metal was forced in until the hilt. Stunned as each crimson and blue window to the soul peered into each other. One reflecting absolute, shattering terror and the other frozen, unable to process the reflection desperately crying out and shaking in terror. Or, faux terror. Ciel wasn't scared. He wasn't worried for his life because as far as he was concerned, his life meant devotion to shove any other being through a meat grinder. The same pain and misery Ciel endured his life.

"BARD KILLED MEY-RIN!, SEBASTIAN, HELP!"

And thus, a chain reaction was ignited. Like flicking a match into a pool of gasoline. Sebastion- being enraged, assisted(unknowingly) the liar, the snake and murderer, tearing Bard off the boy. A once ally, a friend, trusted and well liked, was nothing more to the wolf than a pest. A disgusting, vile pest who hardly deserved a humane death. Allowing his body to shift and contort into that of his wolf self, Sebastian tore relentlessly into the helpless human like prey. Peach skin and muscle tearing and immediately producing blood, screams-not screams but shaking gurgles and guttural noises as the wolf's first and most important attack being the throat.

Ciel stayed lain in the snow, listening, smirking and lightly panting as the snarls, growls and horrific noises caused the boy peace. It was a savourable moment. Sebastian played his part well. What a reliable littke pawn he was. The discovery of the older man's wolf side being a shock initially, soon settled into content and furthered Ciel's thirst and greed. The knife used in the murder and attack was at the pale boy's side, blood seeping from the wound, thankfully it being located at the shoulder than anywhere really severe.

Mey-rin, died late in the night, and it was only an hour and a half since the two forces of Ciel and Bard combined. Sebastian had completed his task only five minutes after the blue eyed angel screamed the final call.

And it was around another two hours, Ciel getting treated and patched up, the dirty clothes being discarded and what happened being explained by the silver tongued, demonic human.

"I saw the fire...I saw him...covered in her hair, blood...a knife soaked in crimson gripped in his hand like an extra limb. As if he had known wielding it well. We fought...and Bard had gotten Mey's hair and blood on me, pinned me then proceeded to stab me. You know the rest much more clearly than I could." what an easy lie. A simple, yet so complex lie, and Sebastian...

Oh, Sebastian...

He believed it all.

A/N:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M ALIVE???

Yeah, I'm alive.

I've been so inactive. Holy shit. I haven't updated since June.

And I humbly apologize for that. I hate putting this story on hiatus.

On a good note, family life is slowly improving...not much, though.

I started school, favourite subject is French..

And I started violin. And soon harp. Yep...things are going ok.

Question!: how was your day? Anything you need to get off your chest?