Harold

Happy birthday Harry 😍

The four of them stare at me clearly intrigued as I explain, "A woman found me today. She told me that if I helped her with something she would help me with a problem I have. She asked me to do a job for her but the thing is I need help. The job will last 16 days and she will give each of us one hundred thousand dollars once it's complete. "

I decide to put myself in the same boat as them money wise so they will be more open to the idea. "What's the job? " Niall asks excitedly.

"Is it dangerous? " Liam chimes in interested.

I nod, "Yeah, it can be dangerous... depending on the circumstances. "

Louis looks up, "Is it illegal? "

I take a deep breath prior to answering, "Yeah... Yeah it's a tad illegal. "

"What's the job? " Niall bursts again. I glance around at all of them trying to see if I can read the room. They all seem pretty calm until I look at Zayn. He looks kind of scared. "Zayn- "

"Answer Niall's question, " he cuts me off

I sigh, this is the part I was trying to avoid. I let my head fall into my hands. Ok, here we go, I need them to go along with this. Now how do I explain this in a way that doesn't sound so insane?

Or maybe I shouldn't be so worried. They're my four best mates in the world, we go way back. I'm sure they'll help me. Alright, here we go forreal. I drag my hands up from my forehead pulling my hair back into a ponytail to keep it out of my face.

I take another deep breath, "Right then. The woman wants us to take a girl, her mum and her brother then move them from their house to a more secure home where we will watch over them for sixteen days. Then we return them to their home and get paid a lot of money. "

I glance at each one of them to see if I can detect how they're feeling about this. Liam, Niall, and Louis have wide eyes (Niall's jaw is on the floor), but Zayn stands up, "Nope. Leave me out of it mate. "

This surprises me. I can't do this without all of them, "What? "

The attention of the room turns to Zayn. "Whoa, Zayn come on. " Liam begs.

Niall speaks next, "Yeah, calm yerself. We need you. "

Zayn scoffs.

"He's right, " Louis adds. "We can't do this without you Zayn. " I knew the rest of them would be willing to help.

Zayn looks around at all of them, "You've all lost the plot! I can't believe you're actually considering this. Are you really? " The three of them nod hesitantly.

Liam looks at me then back to Zayn, "Zayn, he's our best mate and he needs our help. "

Zayn shakes his head angrily, "He is talking about snatching up a family! I don't know about you lads but I don't want to go to prison, so leave me out of it. "

With that he exits the house. None of us try to stop him. He clearly doesn't want to do this and we can't force him. "He is right lads. This is crazy. If any of you don't want to do this just let me know now. "

The three of them look back and forth between themselves. "I think we're in, " Niall smiles.

I hug him tight, "You three are the best mates a guy could ask for. "

I'm usually a tough guy but when it comes to my mates I'm a bit of a softie. I can't help it really. They remind me of the happier life I used to lead back in England. Back before "America ruined me" as my mum put it before she left me here to go back to Cheshire. I don't blame her; America is toxic. I couldn't bring myself to go with her though.

Now that my four best mates live here I can't just leave them. Also I've learned that the mob follows you everywhere once you get involved with them. I don't want to bring them back to my hometown because then they will find out that I've been lying to them and that I do actually have a family that I care about.

I'm already scared shitless of the mob getting their hands on one of these lads, let alone my mum or my sister. Or even my step dad. Hell I'd even be upset if they got a hold of my real dad, bastard. But now that I've met Janet my problems are over. I look around at the three of them, "Alright boys. Let's talk strategy. "

I pick up the notebook Janet gave me, "This notebook has everything we need to know about the girl and her family. There are also little check points we have to complete. "

"Can I see that book mate? " Liam asks. I toss it to him.

"Ok, so how are we supposed to get them all to listen to us and get them in a car? " Louis questions.

"Guns! " Niall exclaims excitedly.

"Niall we don't have guns. " Louis points out. Niall pouts. "I say we just corner them and try to scare them. You know, rough 'em up a tad, " Louis suggests.

Hmm, he has a point, "That could work. "

Liam lifts his head from the notebook. He's giving the three of us a smug look, "Mates, divide and conquer. "

What? "Liam what the fuck are you talking about? " I demand.

Liam slaps the notebook down on the table we're all seated around. He's flipped a few pages in. On the page there is a labeled, color coated map. Man, maybe I should've looked at this thing. Liam points to a spot on the map that has a large pink building, "We know where the girl goes to school, " he points to an orange spot, "where the mum works, " then a blue spot, "and where the brother works. "

I think I see where he's going with this, "Oh, so we show up at each place, take them one at a time and bring them back to the house. "

Liam leans back in his seat putting his hands behind his head triumphantly, "Exactly, divide and conquer. "

Niall flips a few more pages, "Liam you're brilliant. Look here. The truck comes equipped with rope, duct tape, blind folds, gags, and chloroform. "

I smirk cheekily, "Sounds like an average Saturday night for me. " The three of them laugh at my joke. They swear I'm not that funny but I know I am.

Louis takes the notebook from Niall, "And look Niall. The house has guns in it. "

Niall's demeanor lights up instantly, "Fuck yes! Guns! " A creepy smile takes over his face. He has always wanted to hold a real gun. I'm kind of afraid to let him have one though.

He plays one too many violent video games and watches way too many violent movies. The thought of that little, Irish bastard with a gun actually scares me. "Ok we need a plan. When do we take who? "

"Mum, brother, girl; that order. " Louis states.

"But the girl is the most important so we should take her first shouldn't we? " Niall asks confused.

Liam slaps his leg, "No Niall. The girl will be in school so we have to wait until she's leaving. Also, what are we going to clothe them in for sixteen days? "

I think I can handle that one, "I'll go to their house while they're all gone and grab clothes for them. "

Niall nods, "Or, we make the girl get the clothes after we get her. " We all give Niall a blank stare. That boy really is special. "What? She would know what they want to wear and just what to get for herself. Teenage girls are high maintenance. "

Now that's something we can agree on. "Ok fine, whatever. Are you guys really in? "

Liam leans forward, "Hell yeah I'm in mate. "

Louis puts the notebook back on the table, "Yeah right, like I'd turn this shit down. "

We all look at Niall. He has a huge smile on his face, "Fuck yeah, guns. " Yes!

"Perfect! Ok, this all goes down tomorrow. Let's meet back here at 11 am. " We all rise at the same time. "Got it, " they chorus.