Chapter 1 Revised!

*I have finally began the revisions to this story. I lot has been changed from the original so be prepared for that. There's a lot more twists and turns, and possibly new characters and relationships! Hope you enjoy!!*

Chapter 1

"I am praying that these two actually get along or hell, even like each other", Peter Paige said while looking at his co-executive producer Bradley. They just finished casting for their new show "The Fosters". It was going to be an original series on ABC Family, about foster, foster-adopted, and biological kids growing up in a house lead by a same-love couple. The two execs were so excited and carried away with the reality of putting a show like this on the air that they forgot about conducting a chemistry read between the two leading ladies.

Sherri Saum, who was chosen to play the sweet and caring Lena Adams, was a little early and was already sitting there waiting. Peter knew her through a mutual producer friend and just knew that he wanted her as Lena. Sherri was just sitting there quietly waiting while on her phone. Peter noticed that she didn't seem like herself, on account of she kept looking around, messing with her hair, and would occasionally tap her foot on the chair leg next to her.

Sherri was so nervous she could literally jump out of her skin. She honestly thought that her nerves were ridiculous. This definitely was not her first acting job. She has had others in the past. Was even nominated for a few awards. But this job was different.

She wasn't ready for this job. She wasn't even fully sure that she wanted this job. But the role and story, she felt, were brilliant. She loved the part but wasn't ready to have it. She previously wrapped up an acting job where she had a female costar as well. It was honestly one of the worse experiences she ever had. It was so bad that she actually second guessed the whole acting thing completely.

To make matters worse, her opposing costar was going to be Teri Polo. She knew that name but could place a face to her. So she spent the entire week looking her up, from her different roles to interviews. She was already in a couple to chart topping movies in the past. In her interviews she had an out there personality. Just like the actress she worked with last. So Sherri already had a feeling of hose this whole thing would go.

But truth be told, she needed the money. Acting isn't how everyone thinks that it is. There are times when you are hot and making money, and there are also times when it's almost impossible to get a role with more than 5 lines and you are broke. So when Peter called and asked her about joining what could be an incredible series, she knew that she didn't have much room to say no.

Right before he could speak up the elevator doors rang open. In walked the beautiful Teri Polo. She had her blond hair pinned up into a semi-messy bun. She was wearing a nice cream colored dress that stopped mid-thigh, showing off her amazing legs. And she wore the biggest smile imaginable.

Looking at her no one would have guessed the nervous wreck she was just ten minutes prior. Teri knew that she was running late, but she underestimated the LA traffic. Plus she spent forever trying to decide on the proper attire and make sure that she looked her best for this chemistry read. She spent the past couple of days looking up Sherri Saum. She honestly has never seen a more beautiful woman. It was almost intimidating for her. Teri knew that she looked great but she did have some insecurities that she was battling with. But as she rode up the elevator, fixing her hair one last time, she convinced herself to block out all of the negative thoughts and feelings.

Teri came around the corner, and before anyone could greet her, she took one look at Sherri and said, "Well shit! I can play a lesbian and fall in love with that every day". With arms wide open she walked over to Sherri as everyone in the room busted out laughing. Well, everyone except for Sherri, who just stood and smiled.

When Teri made contact they quickly hugged and Sherri pulled back. Teri had a questioning look on her face but quickly disguised it. Sherri awkwardly waved and said, "Hi I'm Sherri". Then glanced back down to her phone not really unlocking it, but just nervously trying to distract herself. She didn't mean to be rude but that wasn't something that she was expecting nor prepared for so she didn't quite sure what else to do so she sort of shut down.

Teri stepped back and gave Bradley a look, as if to say, "Is she for real?" The producers gave each other a worried look. They loved Teri Polo for years. They desperately wanted her in the show. Also, Sherri is a perfect fit for Lena. So they desperately needed for the chemistry to work between them even though it did not seem to be going that way. "Here let's try some improv scenes", Bradley said trying to break the awkwardness. He then whispered to Peter, "They are going to be in love with each other come hell and high water".

After receiving some direction the two women put their things down and got adjusted sitting next to each other on one of the couches. They were close enough to each other to the point where their legs were touching but each were slightly leaning away from the other. Teri with her arms lightly crossed and Sherri with her hand folded, resting on her knees. She still wasn't making much eye contact and by this point Teri was starting to lose hope and wasn't making much eye contact herself.

"Ready whenever you two are", Peter called out. Teri started first as her character Stef Foster: "Ok Lena, what is up with you? You haven't said a word since I told you Mike is my new partner". Sherri turned and looked her directly in her eyes. "Honey, you don't find it weird that your ex-husband requested this?" Teri softened her posture and placed her hand on Sherri's thigh, "Oh my love. You don't have to worry about that; I chose you. Ever since the day I met you I knew that you would be the only person on this earth that I would ever be in love with. Ok. The only one". Teri sat back on the couch a little and smiled softly at Sherri and said in a calming voice, "Come here". Sherri moved closer and rested her head on her shoulder and turned her body facing Teri so that she could wrap her left arm around Teri's waist as she pulled her legs onto the couch. Teri kissed the top of her head. "I know that", Sherri replied, "but it's bad enough you have to go out and put your life at risk everyday". "I'm a cop, love. It's my job". Sherri sat up again, with worry written all over her fave as her face blushed from looking into Teri's hazel eyes. Quickly remembering to stay in character she continued as Teri encouraged her with a smile. "But he gets to be there through all of it. If something goes wrong you will have to run to him. He already had his chance when you two were married". Sherri, being wrapped in the moment began to get frustrated with her curls dangling in her face as Teri placed one behind her ear. She took the tie from her wrist and placed her hair on top of her head. "And I don't want to have to share you with him," Sherri said in the cutest voice imaginable as she calmed down a little at Teri's soft expression. There was a slight pause as they gazed into the other's eyes. Teri had to admit, Sherri was gorgeous. Her smooth caramel skin made Teri warm on the inside. Her head of curls made her have the urge to constantly nuzzle and touch Sherri's hair. Her big brown eyes were simply captivating. Teri quickly snapped herself out of the trance and got back to improv before they could yell cut. "But Sweets, you will always have a part of me that he will never have, and never did have". "And what's that?" Sherri said in her own slight trance herself. "What's in here", Teri said putting her hand to her chest. With that Teri leaned in and kissed Sherri full on the lips. By the way Sherri was acting earlier, Teri expected her to pull back, but she didn't. The kiss did not last long, but long enough to send a shiver down each of their spines. Both women slightly blushed as Sherri sat up.

They looked at the producers who were all grins. Finally Peter and Bradley said in unison, "This could work".

The producers told the two that they did great and that they could head out. Sherri said her short goodbyes and bolted out of the door. Teri looked at her wide eyed and turned to Peter and Bradley. "I don't know about this one". Truth be told she was breathless from the scene, and it made her want to stick around to maybe get to know her more. But clearly that wasn't an option now.

"No. Sherri is really great. Such a sweet heart, we swear", Peter defended. "Yeah. She was just nervous. You two will warm up to each other. Especially after working with each other so much", Bradley chimed in. "Look, I'm as hot as my ass in this dress. She's the one with the ice cold walls," Teri chuckled. "By the end of season one you are going to be in love with her. I could tell by what we just witnessed on that couch", Bradley reassured. "Yeah maybe with Lena, not so sure about Sherri", she said while looking back at the door