"Yeah, that's pretty much about it so if you feel like heading home, I can sit out here with Miss M... alone," Wally comments.

"You're about as subtle as a train wreck, you know that?" Phantom scoffs.

"You're not going to catch any fish unless you go fishing dude," Wally says, realizing what he said and turns to a somewhat horrified Kaldur. "Sorry, no offense."

"No, usually you sit around the campfire and tell stories," Robin says with a glint from his glasses.

"Oh!" Megan shouts. "I would love to hear your story, Kaldur. Could you tell us how you became Aqualad?"

"I was thinking more of a ghost story type thing but I guess... whatever," Robin comments.

"Dude," Spook scoffs. "You literally have two ghosts sitting right here."

"Right, sorry, no offense," Robin says, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, I suppose I could do that if you do not think it will be too boring," Kaldur says.

"Not at all! I would love to hear it!" Megan says.

"What else is there to do?" Spook comments.

"Well, I grew up in the city of Shayeris, which is a city in Atlantis. Surface dwellers think all Atlanteans are the same, but our kingdom has many cities, many people, many cultures," Aqualad begins. "When I was twelve, I completed my education and began my mandatory service in the Atlantean Military, which is standard for all at that age. After a while, I was transferred to the prestigious Conservatory of Sorcery in the Atlantean Capital of Poseidonis." He closes his eyes to think of what to say next. "Queen Mera is the headmistress of the conservatory and wife of King Orin, Aquaman. It was a very different time for me. It was difficult, as it would be for anyone at age fourteen I suppose, but also a time in my life where I met friends that I know will be with me for a lifetime. Then came a day... a horrible day when Poseidonis was attacked by the Ocean Master. I can remember it vividly, as if it happened only yesterday. It was the day Aquaman nearly met his end." He pauses. "Aquaman and Ocean Master fought for what seemed like hours. When Aquaman and Ocean Master clashed, it seemed to shake the very foundations of the city. Ocean Master had gained the upper hand and nearly defeated Aquaman. Correction. Aquaman was defeated." He sighs. "Garth, a fellow student, and I intervened on the king's behalf. It was the only thing we could think of doing. The danger did not occur to us, the only thing that mattered to us at the time was that our king was in trouble. It may have been one of the most foolish things Garth and I ever done, as we nearly met our own end."

"It was mandatory," Spook comments.

"We had no hope of defeating him whatsoever, but the time we spent engaged in battle against the Ocean Master was time enough for our king to recover. That was all he needed as Aquaman finally triumphed over Ocean Master! He was able to drive him away from the city and save us all!"

Spook smiles at how proudly he talks of his mentor. "You really do love your king."

"I do," he replies and continues. "Aquaman is a being of two worlds. On the surface world he fights for justice for all beings. Under the sea he is a leader to many. Both carry the weight of responsibilities. Overwhelming responsibilities only even the best of men can carry for so long. Even Aquaman cannot do both forever."

"That's where you come in," Robin says.

"Yes, realizing that on the surface both Batman and Green Arrow had taken on apprentices that could one day take over their respective mantels, King Orin had been contemplating the same idea. With this in his mind, he approached both Garth and myself with the possibility of becoming his protégés. I had never been to the surface world. And I am the first to admit that I am a bit of an adventurer. Many is the day in class that I would dream of visiting distant oceans and possibly one day even the surface world. Both Garth and I seriously considered the king's offer. Garth ultimately chose to continue his studies with Queen Mera at the Conservatory of Sorcery. So at the age of fourteen, I became Aqualad. I miss my friends. Garth. Tula... But the chance to work with my mentor and king was an opportunity I could not pass up. I like to think the work I am doing makes a difference." He smiles. "The rest of the story you know. Aquaman brought Aqualad to the surface world... and now I am here with you."