7.0 Misery

Clarke began to furiously pull at Anya's cage lock trying to get it to open. Andromeda rolled her eyes and stood up to look around the room. She saw nothing and was about to give up but she saw a weak pipe in the corner of the room. She went over to it and kicked it sideways out of the wall.

She hurried over to where Clarke was still tugging on the lock and pushed her out of the way.

"Let the big girls handle this," Andromeda said.

"Well hurry up," Clarke whisper shouted at her.

Andromeda gave her a dry look before going to work and snapping off the lock with the metal rod pipe.

Andromeda opened the cage door and stuck her hand out, "Come on, Princess."

Anya took Andromeda's hand and Clarke grabbed her by the upper arm to try to haul her out of the cage. Before she was half way out, the electronic door to the harvest chamber started to click open.

"Back in" Andromeda shoved Anya roughly back into the cage followed by Clarke, "You too, Princess Number Two."

Andromeda shut the cage with the two of them in it and grabbed the broken lock off the floor. She scrambled around the cage and hid behind them so that whoever was coming in wouldn't be able to see her crouching outside of the cage.

The door opened and it was the doctor from before. She acted naturally as if this whole bleeding process didn't bother her. Rage flowed through Andromeda at the woman's nonchalant attitude. It took everything in her power not to run over to her and beat her to death with the metal pipe in her hand but she had to think about Clarke and Anya's safety first.

The woman left the room after grabbing a few blood bags. Clarke and Anya quickly left the cage and Andromeda rounded the corner.

"I'm going to kill her," Andromeda growled.

Clarke grabbed her arm and started hauling her toward another door, "Next time. We have to get out of here!"

"Clarke, how are we going to trek through miles of woods in fuzzy socks?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

Clarke hauled them to another steel door that actually opened when pulled. They hurried inside and shut the door after them. For a moment Andromeda breathed a sigh of relief until she saw that the room they were in had a trap door and was covered in dry and freshly dropped blood.

The door behind them immediately slid shut locking them into the chamber. Andromeda threw herself against the wall away from the trap door. Alarms began to ring and she shoved her hands over her ears trying to block it out. Her breathing began to shorten and she knew that she was about to have another attack. She huddled against the corner of the room trying to calm down.

Clarke and Anya let out a scream as the trap door opened and they fell through into the darkness. Andromeda forgot about her own problems and leaned over the edge of the hole. She couldn't see anything down there or hear their voices anymore. Andromeda looked back up at the light that was flashing with the siren and then back down at the hole before sighing and sliding down feet first.

Down and down she went in a chute until it seemed to disappear from beneath her. She went into what was like a free fall for a second before she crashed into something soft.

"Ow..." she groaned.

"Andromeda are you okay?" Clarke's hands were on her body checking the girl for injuries.

Andromeda smacked her hands away and tried to scramble away from her. Whatever she was laying on was moving with her. She looked around and saw that she was in a pile of dead bodies. She tried to move away from them but they were everywhere, as was their stench. Andromeda finally lost hold of her stomach and threw up into the corpses.

Clarke was the first to get out of the cart followed by Andromeda who collapsed into the dirt heaving trying to get rid of what was left in her stomach. Anya seemed to be in shock; holding the dead faces of her people. Clarke crawled back into the cart.

"Anya! Take my hand!" she shouted at the girl.

Anya climbed out of the cart and lay down next to Andromeda. As the two girls lay panting on the ground Clarke stood with a small, triumphant smile on her face.

"We're out!"

"Out of the frying pan and into the fire," Andromeda grumbled from the ground.

Clarke seemed not to hear her but began to look around at where they were. They seemed to be in an underground tunnel system somewhere in the mountain.

Clothes appeared out of nowhere and landed on top of Andromeda who groaned as a shoe hit her in the stomach.

"Get dressed. We can't cover any ground like this," Clarke told them.

Andromeda shuffled to her feet and started to untangle the clothes that were thrown at her.

"I won't leave my people behind," Anya told them.

Andromeda looked at her, "You can't help your people if you end up like them in this cart. We need help to get our people out of this mountain and unless you plan to do it wrapped up like meat...you need our help."

Anya opened her mouth to argue but before she could she looked down the length of the tunnel where noise started to come from, "Someone's coming."

"Shit."

"Not just someone," Clarke muttered, "Reapers."

"Fuck," Andromeda cursed.

Anya turned around and went to grab a rather large rock that was sitting on the ground but Clarke stopped her.

"Anya! You can't fight, you can hardly stand. I have a better idea. Andromeda, come on!"

Andromeda followed the two girls to another cart in the tunnel. They climbed into it and to Andromeda's pleasure, only had a few bodies in it. Lights began to illuminate the tunnel as the Reapers drew nearer. Once they were on top of them, Andromeda shut her eyes tight and pretended to be dead.

The problem came when more dead bodies were being thrown on top of them. With the lights of the torches, the sounds of the reapers, and the dead bodies, Andromeda began to shake. Once again pictures of the dead children from the hundred flashed in her mind and the sounds of the Reapers tearing into people right outside their gate sent her into a fit. She tried to hold her breath but it started to come out in short bursts. She was afraid that the sound would alert the Reapers to their beating hearts but they were so loud that they didn't notice her breathing. The one who did was Clarke.

Clarke reached through the bodies and grabbed Andromeda's hand to try to anchor her to what was going on right then. Andromeda clutched her hand and held on for dear life as the Reapers began to move the cart into the darkness.