16.0 Blame

The air was thick inside the bunker that they had taken shelter in. It was hard to recover their breath in the stale air. The guards turned on their lights they had atop their guns and flashed them around. The light reflected off of shiny material and Andromeda followed its beam to find out what it was. 

"It's a garage," she muttered.

Octavia pulled out her sword, "More like a tomb."

She ran her hand over the smooth contours of the outside of a large vehicle. The windows of the car were coated in so much dust she couldn't see indie. Rust had begun to eat away at the car's wheels and doors.

"Do you think they still run?" Bellamy's voice came from right behind her. He too had walked over and was looking at the car.

Andromeda shook her head, "I don't know. With a little care, maybe."

Bellamy turned to the guards, "Look, I'm sorry about your man, but we need to find an access door to Mount Weather."

"Hey, not so fast," the guard responded before he pulled out a handgun and passed it to Bellamy, "We'll split up. Meet back here in fifteen."

Bellamy took the gun and nodded to Octavia and Andromeda who nodded back. Octavia handed Andromeda a knife and the three of them walked off into the darkness of the garage. They had only been looking around for about five minutes before they heard strange music coming from the other side of the garage. The music was haunting and it sent chills down Andromeda's spine. She held onto the knife even tighter and brought it up in front of her chest.

Screams of pain echoed out across the garage but were almost cut off immediately. Without hesitation the three of them ran back to where they split from the guards. When they got there, they saw nothing but a gun left on the ground. Andromeda picked it up and pointed it waiting for something to jump out at her.

"Bell, what is that?" Octavia asked.

Bellamy and Andromeda turned to where she was looking to see Reapers eating the flesh of one of the guards. The Reapers looked up at them and began to charge them. Bellamy and Andromeda fired their guns and filled the Reapers with bullets until they fell, dead.

They walked forward a little bit until they found another reaper eating what was left of Scott. Andromeda loaded her gun but before she could shoot the thing, Octavia placed her hand on her gun.

"Don't! It's Lincoln, she told them.

Andromeda looked back at the Reaper and realized that Octavia was right. A sickening feeling hit her in the gut as she looked at what they did to Lincoln. He looked like a rabid animal staring at them.

Lincoln stood up and walked toward them.

Octavia tried to call out to him, "Lincoln! Lincoln, it's me! It's Octavia!"

It was no use. Lincoln charged at Octavia but she stopped him from biting her. He flung her over onto the hood of a car.

"Octavia," Bellamy and Andromeda shouted.

Andromeda didn't want to shoot him, knowing that he was their friend. She didn't know what to do. Lincoln started coming after Bellamy but before he could get to him, Andromeda shot him in the shoulder momentarily stopping him. Bellamy took this opportunity to hit him in the head with the end of his gun, knocking him unconscious.

She stood there staring at his still form while Bellamy got Octavia. He started to pull her away but noticed Andromeda not following. 

"Andromeda, come on! We need to get somewhere safe!"

She slowly backed away from Lincoln and followed Bellamy and Octavia further into the garage. He lead them into an old car so they could catch their breath. Octavia sat there staring at nothing trying to come to terms with Lincoln being a Reaper. 

Andromeda sat in the backseat trying to calm her own breathing. For some reason, being in a tight space underground with the dust reminded her of Mount Weather. She thought of the people she saw being locked up in cages as well as the time she was almost eaten by Reapers. She closes her eyes and tried to calm her breath. Her hands shook as she gently held the gun in her hands.

She hadn't heard a word that Bellamy and Octavia were saying until she heard a gargled grunt. She looked up to see Lincoln looking into the car. She stayed very still just waiting for something to happen. Lincoln looked into the car but placed a bloody hand over his reflection before walking off leaving them, once more, alone. 

She relaxed once more, her muscles feeling tired from being so tense.

"We have to save him," Octavia told them.

"O, I don't think we..." Bellamy tried to tell her but Andromeda cut him off.

"She's right," the other two looked at her almost forgetting she was there, "We have to. It's Lincoln."

Bellamy studied her labored breathing for a moment and looked into her eyes. He saw a resolve that he hadn't seen in her eyes since before the battle at the dropship. It gave him a bit of hope.

"Okay. We find him, take him alive."

"I'll be bait," Octavia said.

"No."

"Bell, it's the only way."

Bellamy considered it for a second before nodding his head. He looked at Andromeda who nodded her head as well. The three of them got out of the car and began to look for Lincoln.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Bellamy asked Octavia.

Looking a little sick, Octavia nodded her head. Andromeda knew that she would do anything for Lincoln. Bellamy and Andromeda hid behind the car while Octavia went out to call Lincoln to them. 

"Lincoln! Lincoln, can you hear me?" she yelled.

Andromeda heard him approach with his shuffling feet and grunts. She could hear it speeding up and she knew that he was charging Octavia. Andromeda moved behind Octavia with her gun up just in case and she saw Bellamy approach from behind with and electric stick. Before Lincoln could reach them, Bellamy stuck the stick into Lincoln's neck and held it there, rendering him unconscious once more.

"Now what?" Octavia asked.

"Now we save him," Andromeda answered.