1.0 Into

She was supposed to be asleep. She wasn't supposed to be awake for what was going on. She felt hands all over her body. Wherever they went, a trail of fire followed in their wake. Her body struggled to cry out but she couldn't fight the fog. She just lay there, as she was burnt alive.

            Hands picked her up and carried her somewhere she couldn't see. She couldn't fight them. She was helpless to the fog that engulfed her senses. She couldn't see, she couldn't hear; she could only feel. The hands roughly pulled her around.

            She didn't know true pain until that moment. Her feet were dipped in a searing liquid that burned her skin away. The liquid worked its way up her body to engulf her in flames. The liquid was up to her neck. She was beginning to fight the fog. It couldn't stop the burning. Her head was dunked under the water and she started to scream.

            The hands that were holding her tightened their grip. Through the fog she could hear their panicked shouts. She screamed as bubbles rose up from her lips to the surface. She tugged and pulled one of the people into the liquid with her. She rose up on shaking legs and fell out of the basin they were holding her in. Still numb she started to crawl away while the liquid still burned her flesh. Gloved hands picked her up and she screamed even louder trying to fight them.

            A sharp pain burst through her neck and the fog became denser around her. Her hearing went and then her sense of touch. Before the fog consumed her, she remembered looking around the darkness of her mind and being afraid of what she saw.

Welcome to Season Two